2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

looking at the quoted (Moynihan) tweet and then at twitter:

so that seems to be going well all around.

She's a great card player obviously.  I have nothing and I demand you give me your cards. 

• Haha 1

I wonder if having him on the ballot in some and not others will be the basis for them to claim "fraud" in their inevitible appeals.... I know it doesnt make sense but since when is that a criteria for these people?  Just throw confusion out there and muck things up.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Their platforms are incompatible. The only consistent position is Trump and Bobby have been life-long con men. Thinking must be that there is enough anti-science and rube money to go around.

The thing with this endorsement from Trump's perspective is that the share that RFK seems to be taking from him (probably around 0.5% nationally) is only one angle to look at it; the other angle is that RFK is a nutjob whose views do not align well with a lot of middle of the road / swing voters, and Trump further associating himself on that front probably isn't all that helpful.

All to say that it's not without zero risk and sort of reeks of desperation.

Ultimately doubt any of this matters much in the end though.... especially once Biden dropped out, it was clear that this was going to be all about the top of the ticket.