2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

19 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

in 5 minutes on twitter, you can find a few dozen solid ad topics where Bobby attacks Trump, or where his position is poison, either to MAGA or to normies

I don't think this will last that long before Bobby is let go

I saw a Bobby commercial a week or so ago where he was in favor of reparations. I’m sure that will sit well with MAGAland. 

36 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

The average life expectancy of a female born in 1900: 48 years

The average today:79 years.  

Is that normal?

C;mon man they don't care if you live to 79.  The minute you stop producing for them they want you off the public dime.

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Is that normal?

With a nearly 1% chance of death with every childbirth and a high # of lifetime pregnancies that's a lot of women dead in their 20's pulling down that number.

3 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

With all the troubles that family has had-including one I couldn't in good conscience support today-I always felt that they were trying to improve the lives of those they served. SMH.

7 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Is that normal?

48 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Men went fro 46 to 75.  

aren't these numbers life expectancy from birth? the life expectancies of, say, 18-year-olds then and now shouldn't be anywhere near as far apart.

Edited by Crazy Cat Gentleman

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Men went fro 46 to 75.  

Accidental death and death by infections from wounds probably kept male life expectancy down before workplace safety progress began in the 20th Cent and antibiotics arrived. Smoking was also a  factor in the difference for my parents generation. Prior to WWII, smoking was  more common in men than women and by the 80's lung cancer prevalence in men peaked at more than twice the rate for women.

Since then smoking has dropped for men so to gap in lung cancer deaths between men and women has closed a lot.

https://www.lung.org/research/trends-in-lung-disease/lung-cancer-trends-brief/data-tables/lung-cancer-deaths-and-rates-by-race-sex-and-year

17 hours ago, oblong said:

I wonder if having him on the ballot in some and not others will be the basis for them to claim "fraud" in their inevitible appeals.... I know it doesnt make sense but since when is that a criteria for these people?  Just throw confusion out there and muck things up.  

Yes, logic is not the point here. They are looking for the one loose thread they can pull that will unravel the entire system so the oligarchs can swoop in and fill the power vacuum.

17 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Couldn't imagine why... Woof

“So, before I threw my support to the guy who’s going to lose, I tried to call the lady who’s going to win to offer my support to her, and she turned me down because I guess she’s not desperate for my kill-a-bear-cub-and-bury-it-in-Central-Park constituency.”

16 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

edit: finally got my dreaded first double post. 

Next time you submit and nothing seems to happen, refresh the whole page. Worst case, your post will still appear in the text box.

15 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

With a nearly 1% chance of death with every childbirth and a high # of lifetime pregnancies that's a lot of women dead in their 20's pulling down that number.

And girls in puberty aged 16 to 19 experiencing the same thing.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Well, Noonan does work for Murdoch, so who else’s water should we expect her to carry?

Here's the thing though,   Does Trump still sell more papers?    After this, if he loses, I do think everyone, including ol Rupe is just gonna be done with him.   Actually I think Rupe's done with him now.    When they cut him off the other night, that might have been Rupe calling into the control room saying  "END THIS NOW".      A President Harris gives Fox News their Boowgiewoman for four years to blame everything on.         Rush Limbaugh would not have blown up nearly as big if Clinton hadn't won in 1992/1996.    They need their boogieman    (Gingrich too).  

If Trump wins, he won't be making any decisions because he doesn't know what's going on.  He's got dementia now and you couple that with the insane amount of Adderall he gobbles up like M&Ms, he'll just be on an insult tour for a couple of years before they hide him away.   It'll kind of be like Reagan's last couple of years, where he wasn't really all there anymore and his handlers were running things - you rarely saw him.   It won't be Vance running anything, they'll shut him out and tell him to go buy more donuts.   These new handlers are darker and I am not sure even Rupe wants those Project 2025 people overseeing things.     

Do I think Trump will win?  I have my doubts but a lot can still happen.   But I can't imagine his meltdown tour is attracting anyone in the middle (expect that CNN guy.....LOL).  And Kennedy is just going to appeal to the conspiracy nuts that they already had.    Kennedy was a very minor blip for Biden (because of Biden's age), but virtually none for Harris.      

But if Trump loses he's just gonna be the old man yelling at birds in the trees to be quiet.   He kind of is now.  People are going to be so sick of him, but the whole thing that's totally wild is that if he's still alive in 2028 and can string together sentences, he'll be their nominee again because there is no way he's walking away and if he says he's in again, he's winning those primaries.  The Republicans created the monster that's devouring them. 

14 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So the only one that said Trump was actually a fraud.    Makes perfect sense. 

Intimidated by Strong, Intelligent women.   A True Trumpian.  A weakling.   

And a quisling, because when the race war the Trumpian neo-Nazis want so desperately finally comes, they definitely won’t be auditing this guy’s Trumpian bona fides before deciding his fate on sight.

8 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Accidental death and death by infections from wounds probably kept male life expectancy down before workplace safety progress began in the 20th Cent and antibiotics arrived. Smoking was also a  factor in the difference for my parents generation. Prior to WWII, smoking was  more common in men than women and by the 80's lung cancer prevalence in men peaked at more than twice the rate for women.

Since then smoking has dropped for men so to gap in lung cancer deaths between men and women has closed a lot.

https://www.lung.org/research/trends-in-lung-disease/lung-cancer-trends-brief/data-tables/lung-cancer-deaths-and-rates-by-race-sex-and-year

Also, war. Also, continental land theft efforts.

12 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Also, war. Also, continental land theft efforts.

I'm still waking up so I read "continental drift" which if it were happening in near real-time would be a very bad thing for human life.