2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Honestly, I'm not sure I like this timing-wise. Seems like this might energize him and their flying monkeys, and make Kamala the Prosecutor look like she's the one behind this right now.

Go after that 4th Japanese carrier.  Even if it means we lose the Yorktown. 

• Thanks 1

I am really over worrying about “timing”.

This case needs to proceed.  The day of reckoning should no longer be postponed because of “timing”  or “looks”. 

Justice postponed IS Justice denied. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

This case needs to proceed.  The day of reckoning should no longer be postponed because of “timing”  or “looks”. 

I'm not saying they shouldn't have done this. What I'm wondering is whether he is going to benefit from it in terms of energizing him and his team, because the only thing he cares about is himself, and this story is all about him. Maybe Kamala can figure out a way to checkmate him on that, though.

40 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

If Cannon is over ruled or removed from the case I think if anything that boosts the argument that Trump and his appointments are outside the law.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

As a purely political matter, I don't think it will matter either...

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I'm not saying they shouldn't have done this. What I'm wondering is whether he is going to benefit from it in terms of energizing him and his team, because the only thing he cares about is himself, and this story is all about him. Maybe Kamala can figure out a way to checkmate him on that, though.

It gives him attention and the opportunity to play the victim and he doesn't even need to leave the golf course.

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

I am getting flashbacks to my 8th grade DC trip and I was assigned a "buddy" at the Holocaust Museum. The "buddy" proceded to run around and horseplay, and I was either left "buddy"less or keep up with him.

Then it turned into an argument

"I'm not your buddy, guy

I'm not your guy, friend

I'm not your friend, buddy

I'm not your buddy, guy

I'm not your guy, friend"

- and so on

• Like 1

I didn't read it yet but there's an article going around by Will Bunch calling Harris the first post media presidential candidate.  She's turned her back on legacy media that's focused on clickbait and both sidesing.  And it appears to be driving them mad.

• Like 2

I'm just amazed that, of this were literally any other campaign (either party), it would be a massive scandal that would result in heads rolling.

But since it's Trump, it's treated like just another Tuesday.

These are choices that are being made by the media... Just because people have floor-level expectations for him as a candidate doesn't mean stories like this don't deserve more coverage or scrutiny

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

A decline in Autism?   WTF are they talking about?    They don't even know what Autism is.    

If this woman did not sleep with Elmo, her husband would not have divorced her, and she would not have gotten $1B in the divorce; and she would have remained a big Dem donor