2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I don’t think it’s “Democrat policies” Trump’s ripping … 

What the **** is RSBN?

I'm guessing somethign only found on streaming apps like freevee, pluto, or whatever.  Then people in the rurals, who don't have cable or satellite, find that on their stick and leave it on all day, so that becomes their normal.

1 minute ago, oblong said:

What the **** is RSBN?

I'm guessing somethign only found on streaming apps like freevee, pluto, or whatever.  Then people in the rurals, who don't have cable or satellite, find that on their stick and leave it on all day, so that becomes their normal.

I think it might be the Russia Supporting Billionaires Network.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, oblong said:

the latest Kamala Kontroversy.  She claims to have worked at McDonald's but.... didn't put it on her resume.

Freebeacon story in a big huff because Kamala waited until she was running for president in 2019 before telling anybody about her Mickey D’s job.

Not unlike Freebeacon waiting five years until 2024 to get themselves in a big huff over the story.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

My resumes usually stop at the past 30 years or so. So yea I've omitted jobs like Arby's, selling minor league baseball tickets on the phone and the Springs I worked at the little greenhouse across the street.

I'd have to go back and look, but my HS stint at McDonalds came off of my resume pretty early on.... probably midway thru college. My short stint at Applebee's during college *never* made it on, I'm pretty sure.

Was lucky to have internships throughout college, which helped, but still it can't be that uncommon for summer / college jobs to be left on the cutting room floor.

Just wild that they're now trying to create a "Stolen Valor" story out of ****ing McDs.... it reeks of weakness

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

These people are such a joke.

MAGA wants anger and outrage. To them, there is no difference between anger and outrage at reality, and anger and outrage at lies. MAGA does not punish liars, in fact, I would suggest it rewards them.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

MAGA wants anger and outrage. To them, there is no difference between anger and outrage at reality, and anger and outrage at lies. MAGA does not punish liars, in fact, I would suggest it rewards them.

At a high level, this is correct. More specific to the allegation here is an admission that Kamala working at McD's is something that makes her relatable to a lot of people (something like 1 in 8 Americans have worked at McD's in the past, and many more have worked service jobs either long-term or as summer jobs). 

And just as Tim Walz being in the guard for 24 years cuts against the stereotype they are trying to build, Kamala having to work at McDs because (unlike her opponent) she wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth cuts against the stereotype as well. And they cannot have that.

It's all very desperate and falls flat, but that's where it's ultimately coming from IMO

3 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

like "I am not weird" and "I no longer beat my wife" this is so stupid. It's now Harris' fault??????????????

I do wonder why Larry Tenney, whoever that is, just clipped only that phrase into a two-second snippet. To me, it would have been more effective had he included the few seconds leading up to it which would confirm that it is Kamala about whom Bowman Hamel is ****-talking in the first place. Unless Bowman Hamel didn't phrase it that way and Larry took it out of context, which, that would suck and we don't need to engage in that, because we're supposed to be better than that, at least about being that obvious about it. Taking stuff out of context is for the other side. We don't need that.

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

If he stopped saying stupid **** every time he talks, people might think he's not stupid.   

Trump's never going to stop saying stupid ****. That's a given. The incredible part is that the red hats think he's a genius for no other reason than he is telling them he's a genius, and of course, the Russian-backed media is affirming as much.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Trump's never going to stop saying stupid ****. That's a given. The incredible part is that the red hats think he's a genius for no other reason than he is telling them he's a genius, and of course, the Russian-backed media is affirming as much.

I am pretty sure he thinks his supporters are the dumbest people ever.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I am pretty sure he thinks his supporters are the dumbest people ever.  

I've said before that an audio and/or video recording of him saying as much might be the only thing to break the spell, and even that might not be enough, because AI.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Nothing matters and all, usual caveats apply, but it is remarkable than just in the past couple of weeks, Trump has elicited rebukes from both the VFW and the US Army.

The US Army and VFW are rigged by radical leftists.  That is why you need to vote for Trump.  

• Like 1