2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Speaking of Project 2025, George W. Bush, **** Cheney, and Alberto Gonzalez were the original ones who attempted to replace federal officials with lackies for the Bush Administration when they fired multiple District Attorneys and attempted to replace every single one of them. I believe Gonzalez and Harriet Miers attempted to try and fire every single US District Attorney they didn't like or who didn't agree with their viewpoint of government and legal theory. Getting an endorsement by the guy who improperly and unethically fired multiple US District Attorneys, an attempted to fire more, should help Kamala out with the whole she never fires anyone argument that Trump made. 

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

2 hours ago, oblong said:

The "it was staged" thing is bizarre.  Here's what is required for that:

1) Find someone willing to die by getting shot in the head by a sniper

2) Arrange a location for an event that allows this person to set up (obviously this happened)

3) Get the buy in from local law enforcement and perhaps the USSS so that this person isn't dealt with sooner.  Everybody has to keep quiet and not leak.

4) That someone has to be so good of a shot to only nick or barely miss the President without killing him.

5) All of these participants have to agree that innocent people can die

6) During the investigation this remains under wraps

Counterpoint: the former Projector-in-Chief is actively promoting a conspiracy that the Biden-Harris administration was behind the shooting.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Well, they would prefer abstractly we were alive to pay into the coffers they don't mind raiding

A cost-benefit analysis could easily conclude that the winning of a presidential election on the strength of assassination sympathy would be well worth the revenue lost from losing a single taxpayer, and that the tax revenue lost, if they were to lose the election, would not be debilitating enough to the overall economy to forego the operation. This is not at all to say that I believe this to be the case. I'm only saying that hypothetically, it is short of impossible, especially considering the crew we're talking about here.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

A cost-benefit analysis could easily conclude that the winning of a presidential election on the strength of assassination sympathy would be well worth the revenue lost from losing a single taxpayer, and that the tax revenue lost, if they were to lose the election, would not be debilitating enough to the overall economy to forego the operation. This is not at all to say that I believe this to be the case. I'm only saying that hypothetically, it is short of impossible, especially considering the crew we're talking about here.

Russia has snipers who are probably competent enough to do the shooting from the equivalent of a grassy knoll.   Its incredibly easy to formulate conspiracies.   

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

To be clear I think there is zero to it, but OTOH I'd stick with 2,3 and 6.

#1 is probably easy- just look around at recent history around the world, or given that the planning is coming from a future Prez, you can probably persuade him he would be protected.

#5 is probably also not much of a hurdle. Nixon, Bush, Obama, Trump himself on 1/6. We've had plenty of Presidential admins without too much scruple about people getting killed as collateral damage.

Also #6. Even if an investigation were to reveal enough of a ... ahem ... smoking gun to actually prosecute such a case, the idea of such a conspiracy-come-true is so fantastical that it is actually risky for any party to suggest that a major party presidential candidate might actually have engaged in a faked assassination attempt, complete with uninvolved people who honestly support him likely to die, because the very suggestion of it comes off as completely unhinged, and untethered from any sense of reality. The moment it comes out, the country would go completely bonkers, and there could be no way such a case could be seriously prosecuted. That's part of why, as a conspiracy, it's essentially ... ahem ... bulletproof. The perpetrators already know going in that nothing would happen, could happen, to make them responsible for it, because it would be seen as just too ****ing wild to be true.

If we are talking 2 or 3 people, then maybe I could entertain the idea, but once you get past that.... no way that many people keep quiet.  It's similar to the JFK assassination theories.  It's easy to work backwards and look at points in time to say you can plan it.... but going in real time and assuming everything happens that way is not logical.  In other words you can recreate the past but you can't predict the future which is what conspiracy theories often require us to do. 

(Yeah, our patsy Oswald will get a job at a building months in advance that will be on the yet unannounced and unplanned motorcade route, wow, how convenient.  Then when we send Jack Ruby to snuff him out before trial, he'll run a bunch of errands in the morning with his little dog, drive all over town, then show up right at the moment Oswald comes out, not a moment too late, even though Oswald will make a last minute request to go back upstairs to get a sweater, whew, glad that happened or else Jack would have been late)

2 hours ago, oblong said:

The "it was staged" thing is bizarre.  Here's what is required for that:

1) Find someone willing to die by getting shot in the head by a sniper

2) Arrange a location for an event that allows this person to set up (obviously this happened)

3) Get the buy in from local law enforcement and perhaps the USSS so that this person isn't dealt with sooner.  Everybody has to keep quiet and not leak.

4) That someone has to be so good of a shot to only nick or barely miss the President without killing him.

5) All of these participants have to agree that innocent people can die

6) During the investigation this remains under wraps

4) Palmed razor blade knicks his own ear and then Hulk Hogan shows up and they laugh about that old trick (I know that isn't what happened).

The poorest people have always wanted to come to America because they wanted a better life. It's true from the earliest settlers to today. It's a zero sum game.

It's also true that those who have been here a minute or so fear those coming into their territory. Especially if they're from a different nationality.

18 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

The poorest people have always wanted to come to America because they wanted a better life. It's true from the earliest settlers to today. It's a zero sum game.

It's also true that those who have been here a minute or so fear those coming into their territory. Especially if they're from a different nationality.

He's not real is he?  He's a bot designed to remove Trump from the scene. 

7 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Trump spent the past couple days with Laura Loomer, she's even crazier. He seems to gravitate to nutbags who message his ego

"AI make me a picture of a hydra with all the heads being that of Grigory Rasputin"

Edited by romad1

43 minutes ago, romad1 said:

He's not real is he?  He's a bot designed to remove Trump from the scene. 

That's my conspiracy theory. 

Trump will win the election handily but be killed sometime afterward and JD will implement a government based on Christofascism.

13 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

That's my conspiracy theory. 

Trump will win the election handily but be killed sometime afterward and JD will implement a government based on Christofascism.

I mean it will be what Peter Thiel thinks the theocrats want in name but will really be techbro kleptocracy. 

49 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Trump spent the past couple days with Laura Loomer, she's even crazier. He seems to gravitate to nutbags who message his ego

Her current Twitter feud with MTG about who is more racist is pretty amusing. She also recently had the most botched plastic surgery I’ve seen in some time. 

IMG_7863.webp

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

I don't see any way Loomer is not a Kremlin plant, born in that part of the world and sent here as a handler of Trump working on behalf of Putin.

Her bio on Wikipedia reveals almost zero about her early life or background. Nothing about her parents or family or anything, the only thing it says is that she was raised in Arizona, and the attributing link attached to that is dead.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Setting aside how unsettling it is that he's leaning so much harder into these sorts of associations during this run, it (again) demonstrates one of the biggest risk factors for this particular run: him (and his acolytes) ability not get completely high off of their own supply.

No matter how complacent or siloed one thought the Clinton 2016 run was, this is much much more egregious.