2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

He's still going at it.

He doesn't even know how detached from reality he is. I wonder if he knows anyone who has ever tried to 'walk off' with a live adult Canada goose. They happen to be able to fly away in case no-one ever told him that. If one does let you get close enough its as likely to lacerate your fingers as let you catch it. There is a reason hunters shoot them first instead of just strolling to a nearly park to pick one up. :classic_laugh:

The only thing more moronic than he is is people who slurp this stuff up.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I don't see how it brings new people in the tent or motivates his base to go to the polls. He must simply want to see the blood flow. Maybe he thinks that's what will help him win.

He believes there are way more of his than there are of the rest of us - so he doesn't care about new people. And the racial/immigrant scare is what he views as the primary fear generator to get his to the polls. In that frame work the rhetorical strategy is correct.

Look at the company he keeps, the circles he travels in, and the fans he has brought to himself. In none of those places do you see anywhere near the range of America. He is in the bubble with his supporters.

Edited by gehringer_2

The Libertarian candidate this year is Chase Oliver.  He has an interesting set of views, not your typical Libertarian.  He is gay though, so he probably won't be able get any undecided Right leaning protest votes.  

Edited by Tiger337

I've been youtubing old norm macdonald videos lately. One weekend update joke from 1996.

"Donald Trump announced he won 20 million dollars betting on Evander Holyfield. Trump said he went public with his winnings in case there are a few people left who don't hate him."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nothing against them, I just think they're boring.      I don't get all the fuss.   Plus,. they only drew about 40 people.  The rest was AI generated, 

Nah, i was appreciating the John Cusack in "High Infidelity" levels of scorn you were tossing his way I remembered from the old forum. 

18 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Her current Twitter feud with MTG about who is more racist is pretty amusing. She also recently had the most botched plastic surgery I’ve seen in some time. 

IMG_7863.webp

Ever heard of the Uncanny Valley?    Where something is designed to look human and it's close but it's creepy.   What a creepy looking woman (standing next to what looks like a child with a mustache).     She's the stuff of nightmares and I am not even including her views.   I mean, MAN she's creepy-looking !

Edited by Motor City Sonics

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Nah, i was appreciating the John Cusack in "High Infidelity" levels of scorn you were tossing his way I remembered from the old forum. 

Well, based on my lean towards indie music (I actually like everything except commercial country or any hip hop after about 1994 - and yes, I even like Disco and Yacht Rock),  I am supposed to love Bon Iver, but I don't.   I really really tried.  I really did.  I FORCED myself to listen to an album that was getting rave reviews and it just didn't click (Not while driving, I needed to stay awake).   If I want an album about loss, I'll turn to Nick Cave.      Sleigh Bells are another one.   Based on reviews,  based on the orbit of other artists associated with them that I actually like, I should love them, but they are nails on a chalkboard to me.  

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Well, based on my lean towards indie music (I actually like everything except commercial country or any hip hop after about 1994 - and yes, I even like Disco and Yacht Rock),  I am supposed to love Bon Iver, but I don't.   I really really tried.  I really did.  I FORCED myself to listen to an album that was getting rave reviews and it just didn't click (Not while driving, I needed to stay awake).   If I want an album about loss, I'll turn to Nick Cave.      Sleigh Bells are another one.   Based on reviews,  based on the orbit of other artists associated with them that I actually like, I should love them, but they are nails on a chalkboard to me.  

Just now, romad1 said:

Art vs. Pop. 

I also really love hearing stories from my buddy who owns a chic bike shop in an area with a lot of serious cyclists doing a similar thing to people coming in and asking for recumbent bikes.   They pull out their phone and advise the person where the nearest medical supply store is.  

42 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I enjoyed the first Bon Iver album to an extent. Everything else I’ve listened to has bored me to tears.