2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

26 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

But I tell you what - this douchebag keeps telling falsehoods about Ohio, he's going to put his own state in play.   There will be a backlash. 

Yup. Ohio is a place where I can see large slices of the population getting silently pissed off and you won't hear a thing until 11/5.

Another assassination attempt on Trump. He's fine. Secret service confronted a man with an AK-47 lurking in the bushes two holes ahead of where Trump was golfing. Shots were exchanged and he fled to a car. The car was pulled over and the suspect arrested and being questioned.

Edited by Tigermojo

This is not what we need at all. ANOTHER attempted assassination attempt on Donald Trump. This is going to allow him to peddle this narrative that people want him killed and cause to incite more violence back from his supporters. Violence cannot beget violence and any attempt at it must be throughly and strongly condemned. This is going to put Harris and Walz in danger too, not just Trump.

13 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

This is not what we need at all. ANOTHER attempted assassination attempt on Donald Trump. This is going to allow him to peddle this narrative that people want him killed and cause to incite more violence back from his supporters. Violence cannot beget violence and any attempt at it must be throughly and strongly condemned. This is going to put Harris and Walz in danger too, not just Trump.

They're all in danger every single day in Gun Land.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I don't know what kind of security there is at Trump's country club, but how do these secret service failings keep happening around Trump? How does someone yet again get a gun anywhere in shooting range of this guy?

I'll await more information, but from listening to the PBC sheriff, it sounds like it worked about as well as it could have in this instance. 

We really should wait for more information 

I mean, sure Kamala, Tim and Donny and JD are in danger. 

Like going to school? 

Like going to a splash pad? 

Like going grocery shopping? 

Like watching a parade? 

Like driving on a freeway in Kentucky, or even Michigan (remember 2012?)

Everyone is in constant danger at all times from these gun-loving, pill-popping, mentally ill people get all fired up by conspiracies and blaming others for their failures - and the lobbying groups that keep the guns in their hands and the pills getting rammed down their throats.    Don't treat them.....just medicate them.......forever. 

You know what I really hate?    Going to a My Morning Jacket or a Jack White concert and having the first thing I do is assess the escape route - just in case.  That's what I hate.   Hate thinking like that.  Hate that kids have to do SHOOTING drills more than fire or tornado drills.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I'm not buying today.     Just not.    They'll try anything.  

We can't say stuff like this imo, it isn't helpful to our cause or defeating Trump. If a don't like it when Republicans and MAGA peddle in fake news and conspiracies, we can't stoop to their level and do it unless we have real evidence. If there is concrete evidence this was staged then it's one thing to talk about it in those terms. However, without it, I don't think Dems should be trafficking or dipping our toes into unfounded theories. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I agree. However, the FBI labeled it an assassination attempt and that's the headline people will grab onto. 

I don't know how people will react to this and neither do you. We also do not have all of the information, and most of America is currently watching the NFL right now and not focused on this.

We also have to remember that he did absolutely nothing after the first attempt to really build sympathy or unity and has, since, done basically the exact opposite. To the point where schools, colleges and municipal government buildings in a mid-sized Ohio city are being forced to close on account of his tickets words and actions.

This was an attempt, it was wrong, and it was not a false flag. But I don't see how it changes our current reality 

Edited by mtutiger