2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

So DJT attacked the Post Office today. The very same entity that he appointed the Postmaster General (the guy can't be fired by Biden under law)

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/trump-attacks-the-post-office-and-democracy-mail-in-ballots-dejoy-usps?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

The post office is critiquing themself saying, ‘We’re really in bad shape, we can’t deliver the mail,’ and they’re not even talking about mail-in ballots, ‘Well, we’re gonna dump millions and millions of ballots,’” Trump added. “And I’m saying to myself, ‘How can they be taking the vote?’”

Then there was this: “And I said, you know, we ought to go to court, and we ought to bring a lawsuit, because they’re gonna lose hundreds of thousands of ballots. Maybe purposely. Or maybe just through incompetence.”

We have very bad elections . . . they’re gonna lose hundreds of thousands of ballots.

This follows on the heels of this editorial from one of my "local news" sources 

https://cardinalnews.org/2024/09/18/4-things-to-know-about-the-postal-service-plan-to-slow-rural-mail-delivery/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=State issues final guidance for school cellphone ban&utm_campaign=Wednesday%2C Sept 18%2C 2024

According to the Post, under the plans being considered, “the Postal Service would allow mail and packages to sit at certain facilities for an extra day instead of transporting them immediately for processing and delivery, DeJoy said. That would extend acceptable delivery times for mail traveling longer distances.”

The Post further reported that pilot programs have already been underway — starting last year in Richmond, which, coincidentally or not, has led to a scathing audit by the Postal Service’s own inspector general and equally scathing political criticism from U.S. Sen. Tim Kaine, D-Virginia, and Rep. Jennifer McClellan, D-Richmond.

Donnie, this is all your doing

Edited by CMRivdogs
edited to add link