2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

16 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I live next to Sterling Heights which is next to Dearborn and Hamtramck in Arabs and I haven’t seen or heard a peep about Palestine. I have Arab neighbors but I never talk to them. It’s mostly women and men show up on the weekends. I think they are stashing wives here. 

Here the flags and banners for gaza and palestine are about equal to election signs.  Cars are decorated.

My impression is Sterling Heights is mostly Chaldean so they probably don't care about it to the same degree, if at all.

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

Here the flags and banners for gaza and palestine are about equal to election signs.  Cars are decorated.

My impression is Sterling Heights is mostly Chaldean so they probably don't care about it to the same degree, if at all.

Most are Chaldean. Sterling Heights saw a wave of Arab immigration from Iraq during the war. I haven’t seen a single Palestinian flag. There’s also been Arab immigration into north Warren. I have multiple Arab neighbors. They keep to themselves and don’t talk to anybody. I’ve been looking for signs of political affiliation but they don’t put out signs or flags. 

43 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Early voting starting in Virginia. 

meanwhile Trump/Vance rallies are held in storage units to give off a certain percpetion.  "Look, they're crammed in, there's so many people.  So many people. The mostest."

56 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I live next to Sterling Heights which is next to Dearborn and Hamtramck in Arabs and I haven’t seen or heard a peep about Palestine. I have Arab neighbors but I never talk to them. It’s mostly women and men show up on the weekends. I think they are stashing wives here. 

Maybe mistresses and/or second families?

55 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Early voting starting in Virginia. 

When I predicted that people would line up at the polls at two in the morning for their chance to vote against Trump, I was eight years too early.

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Election interference, spearheaded by a carpetbagging scalawag.

I'll leave it to the states to decide for themselves how to do this.... that's their right.  But it seems to go against their interests doesn't it?  I assume they did this to make sure they get some attention by the candidates.  Imagine if TN allocated a vote out of Memphis?

Mark Robinson is biblical justice because he represents the sort of dog-ate-my-homework levels of half-assed governing that lead to the public health emergency in 2020.   But, because Trump needed to stay out of jail he needed a good...lets see...what would be good for NC candidate, yeah a Black because there are a lot of those in NC.   And JD Whatshisname gets him that Peter Thiel money so, yeah..  And RFK jr, has all those Kennedy votes so lets let him run the health agencies whichever it doesn't matter he's the one hung up on vaccines.  Who cares, rich people can get all the vaccines they need.  The proles will vote for whatever we say...

2 hours ago, oblong said:

it's such a weird mixture.... and I think part of their conflict is the fact that Harris a woman.  To many outsiders, arab/muslim votesrs are "arab/muslim".  It goes beyond that.  You have Lebanese, Syrian, Yemeni, Iraqi, Iranian.... how long have their families been here?  Are they sunni/shia, or some other branch?  It gets very tribal and I've seen neighbors argue over it.

Have to rememeber as well that despite winning by a big margin, Whitmer did worse with these sorts of voters than Biden 2020 did.

So much fretting over these voters, and while it isn't totally unimportant, they are around ~1% of registered voters in Michigan and the margins were likely always going to be a little worse regardless of October 7th.