2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

2 hours ago, CMRivdogs said:

He also said if he lost to Joe Biden in 2020 we'd never see him again. 

Setting aside the legal cases, will he even be alive when he's 82? For as much attention as Biden's health has garnered, Trump would be older than him in 2028 and undoubtedly lives a less healthy life.

Incidentally, this doubles as (yet another) reason to vote against him; the possibility that JD Vance graces the Oval Office 

Edited by mtutiger

5 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Were they really normal, rational people or did they just hide their hate and bigotry because it was considered taboo (whereas now they are being told it's OK)?  

Exactly this.

They were not normal, rational people and unfortunately, due to Trump, they are now not only openly racist but passed it down to the younger generations as well who were - surprisingly to me - delighted and appreciative of this "gift." 

28 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Setting aside the legal cases, will he even be alive when he's 82? For as much attention as Biden's health has garnered, Trump would be older than him in 2028 and undoubtedly lives a less healthy life.

Incidentally, this doubles as (yet another) reason to vote against him; the possibility that JD Vance graces the Oval Office 

The Democratic campaign has to find ways to make this point without sounding too maudlin, because it is an important one. Pence was an ideological nut job, but he was at least sane and has some institutional ethics. Vance is an arrested development wanna-be who is being played by his oligarchy donors but is too dumb to know it or maybe just too morally bankrupt to care.

Edited by gehringer_2

25 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

The Democratic campaign has to find ways to make this point without sounding too maudlin, because it is an important one. Pence was an ideological nut job, but he was at least sane and has some institutional ethics. Vance is an arrested development wanna-be who is being played by his oligarchy donors but is too dumb to know it or maybe just too morally bankrupt to care.

I don't think Pence is a nut job.  He has conservative beliefs and I will almost always disagree with him, but I think he is sane.  I also think his beliefs are shared by a very large portion of the electorate.  He is not radical, just somebody who I am almost never going to agree with.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think some women may be depressed, but ever since the Roe v. Wade overturn, women seem more empowered and motivated than ever to take part in the whole process. 

Waiting for these rise in crime statistics..........haven't seen them yet.    In fact, crime has gone down.    I mean, there's freaking cameras EVERYWHERE now, I don't know how anyone gets away with a serious violent crime.  

Joe Biden was supposed to let all the violent criminals go free and was going to pay for the government to throw them parties:  Whoops:  Crime is down

Joe Biden will destroy this economy 
Stock Market is setting records.  Rich are getting richer than ever (but still hate Joe)

Eggs will be $9 a carton because of Joe Biden's inflation
Inflation was worldwide and the U.S. is coming out of it faster than anyone.  In fact - Disinflation is happening at a record pace under Biden

Gas will be $7 a gallon
We're the #1 oil-producing country in the world now and gas prices are much cheaper here than just about anywhere else.   

Rob Schneider won't be allowed to tell racist, sexist and homophobic jokes under a woke nation.  Well, let me know when he comes up with a joke in the first place.  Rob needs to focus on getting his daughter through rehab.   

Now they say if Harris is elected the Auto Companies will DIE !   Yes, that is actually in an add - they will DIE !    Why?  electric vehicles.   The big auto companies in the US are moving towards electric vehicles no  matter who is President.  They aren't turning back from that and it has nothing to do with being "woke"

There's videos of Trump running in 2020 where he says nobody will be allowed to celebrate Christmas ever again. Then different videos where he says the same things about every other major holiday. And his base ate it up and spread it all around to their Facebook friends. It's why he loves the uneducated. It's easier to fool a fool.

12 hours ago, The Ronz said:

Exactly this.

They were not normal, rational people and unfortunately, due to Trump, they are now not only openly racist but passed it down to the younger generations as well who were - surprisingly to me - delighted and appreciative of this "gift." 

The young ‘uns have heard from grandpa how the white man used to be on top in the old days, and that’s a seductive sell to white kids who live in exurban and rural areas where they see things aren’t going so good economically for them and their nearly 100% white neighbors, all while they see on the News about how the n-bombs and their trans kids who are ruining the cities are itching to come on out and do the same to their Hallmark Channel town. Who wouldn’t want to vote for that amirite

11 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

There's videos of Trump running in 2020 where he says nobody will be allowed to celebrate Christmas ever again. Then different videos where he says the same things about every other major holiday. And his base ate it up and spread it all around to their Facebook friends. It's why he loves the uneducated. It's easier to fool a fool.

11 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Here you go,

20 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

There is no way the Trump campaign are not doing things like this on purpose to troll liberals and distract them from the important terrible things the Trumpers are saying, proposing, and doing. I mean, come on, this is so obvious, isn't it?

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

There is no way the Trump campaign are not doing things like this on purpose to troll liberals and distract them from the important terrible things the Trumpers are saying, proposing, and doing. I mean, come on, this is so obvious, isn't it?

LOL - I could see it play out as some intern asking google for "Georgia Scenery" and somebody higher up then decides to let it go just because of that. But OTOH, even if gives them a troll on social media, you wouldn't think that would play well in Georgia so it would still be sort of a risky plan. Of course your 'Local GM dealers' have been running ads in Detroit for years that are clearly shot in CA. I do always laugh at that, yet I also own a GM vehicle. 🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think the fact that they get a lot of help from abroad is part of this. 

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I think the fact that they get a lot of help from abroad is part of this. 

I believe that, too, although the question at hand is whether they mistakenly included the Georgia country instead of the state, or whether they did so purposefully as part of a psyop thing. I'm thinking the latter is actually pretty likely.

8 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I believe that, too, although the question at hand is whether they mistakenly included the Georgia country instead of the state, or whether they did so purposefully as part of a psyop thing. I'm thinking the latter is actually pretty likely.

Napoleon Bonaparte famously declared: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." And this is Hanlon's razor. In other words, it's better to assume someone's actions are the result of ignorance or lack of understanding, rather than intentional cruelty.

But, that said...the very fact that they got help from Russia and those guys are idiots is sort of saying its a rich tapestry. 

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

But, that said...the very fact that they got help from Russia and those guys are idiots is sort of saying its a rich tapestry. 

I get Hanson and I agree with it, but what American would honestly confuse Georgia the American state with Georgia the Russian vassal state? It barely seems possible to confuse.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I get Hanson and I agree with it, but what American would honestly confuse Georgia the American state with Georgia the Russian vassal state? It barely seems possible to confuse.

Mbop, 

Hanson's Razor is to ascribe to malice any music which increases the urge to kill.  

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

Lincoln project has been producing these nice pieces for years now, but is anybody paying to run them anywhere that matters?

I dunno, Biden won in 2020, the Dems did very well in the 2022 mid terms compared to where they were supposed to be, so you tell me 

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I dunno, Biden won in 2020, the Dems did very well in the 2022 mid terms compared to where they were supposed to be, so you tell me 

You've made a pretty bold leap from cause to effect there par'dner. 

It's serious question though because if they are just hoping for retweets or angling for inside the beltway recognition to burnish their credentials for their next gigs, that's not as useful as actually buying blocks of air time on KCWY, and while this is purely a guess, since I have no idea, I would doubt that any official Democratic Party funding sources are too big on directly funding Lincoln Project even if they like the product. So the question is the work really being effectively exploited or just producing feel good vibes in the choir? (EDIT: to put it a little more prosaically than Rob just did...:classic_biggrin:)

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1