2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

34 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Iowa could get interesting. 

The Iowa ones are the most important ones and the movement is notable, but while I don't want to get too in the weeds on this stuff, I'm not sure there was really any justification for IN-01 or IL-17 to ever be "Lean D"... 

Obviously Cook knows more than we do, but in general they take a really really cautious approach, particularly with D candidates.... took them forever to move Josh Stein's race off of "Toss Up", for instance.

Edited by mtutiger

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Makes perfect sense to vote for someone not running instead of the person she’s endorsing. You’re really sticking it to the man. 

There is no way I can vote for Harris or Trump. If I truly was about “sticking it to the man” as you infer, I’d vote for Harris. 

46 minutes ago, 1776 said:

There is no way I can vote for Harris or Trump. If I truly was about “sticking it to the man” as you infer, I’d vote for Harris. 

This is fascinating. What do you expect to accomplish by voting for someone who doesn’t want to be president and endorses someone you’re opposed to?

It’s not really fascinating. I’m not going to endorse either of the two candidates through my vote because I disagree with both on most all issues. I have zero confidence that either of them are fit for the job. That includes the office of local dog catcher. 
I’ll vote the down ticket. There, I’m still debating as well. The same point I make above applies to the NC governor’s race. Well before the CNN story on Robinson broke he was a total no go in my book. Josh Stein is more left of Cooper. 
I’lll vote on US House races and NC General Assembly races and the more local offices. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Now, now it’s ok since North Carolina desperately needs help from the people who are not even qualified to be dog catcher. 

It’s too early to determine how effective government will be in handling an already disastrous situation. Prior disasters elsewhere always end up with money going unallocated or poorly timed, or outright wasted. Hoping that won’t be the case here. I’m very proud of the local responses in the western part of N.C. 

6 minutes ago, 1776 said:

It’s too early to determine how effective government will be in handling an already disastrous situation. Prior disasters elsewhere always end up with money going unallocated or poorly timed, or outright wasted. Hoping that won’t be the case here. I’m very proud of the local responses in the western part of N.C. 

Forget all the media sensationalism or that from politicians, do you as a person think Donald Trump is a sexist, bigoted and racist person?

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

1 minute ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Do you think Donald Trump is a bigoted and racist person?

I’ll put it this way, I don’t follow Trump at all, honestly. What I know of him through media reports and the like…my impression is that he dislikes ANYONE that disagrees with him, regardless of color or anything else. He will use any person, regardless of race, to promote himself.
His using the bible as a campaign prop is beyond the worst one could imagine! He preys on those that idolize him. He doesn’t care who he destroys as long as it benefits him. Trump exploits people’s worst intuitions and will use these things as it benefits him. 

9 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Trump refused disaster assistance to states that didn’t vote for him, denied 99% of North Carolina’s request after Matthew, but it’s too early to know how effective they will be. 

Well, you pointed out how well the federal government works. What’s next?

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

Well, you pointed out how well the federal government works. What’s next?

Congress needs to approve more funds for FEMA. Last time 100 republicans voted against funding for FEMA but of course let’s vote for the former congresswoman not even running for president. Politics is beneath you. 

• Like 1

I won't get on people too hard for going third party now after I did it in '16. I regret that, yes, but one vote did not that election make. I just don't see how somebody can look at these two candidates and say 'Yeah, they suck equally"

• Thanks 1