2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Now he's dissing the folks who worked so hard to bring the city back. Just what this country needs a clueless, racist idiot

Thems fighting words!!!!!!!!

**** that dude

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

It's not clear the degree, but I think there's enough evidence to suggest that Latino voters are an issue for Harris.... the degree to which its the case is still a fair question (I'd guess Trump still pulls less than 40%, but improves). It's probably a factor in why Arizona has polled worse than the other swing states. To a much lesser degree, black voters as well.

Overall, non-white demos have gotten a lot of attention this cycle, but rural white voters and what they do matters a lot.... I genuinely don't know, both in terms of share and turnout, what will happen there. Some of that is influenced by what I see in day to day life where I live and just, in general, not really having any numbers to look at.

Don't forget disaffected young voters, progressive/left voters, and Arab/Muslim voters who will abandon Harris over Gaze, Lebanon, and the administration's foreign policy. For an election that will be won and lost on the margins, those votes could matter.

7 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Don't forget disaffected young voters, progressive/left voters, and Arab/Muslim voters who will abandon Harris over Gaze, Lebanon, and the administration's foreign policy. For an election that will be won and lost on the margins, those votes could matter.

I think you are right that it matters to at least a small extent. *But* when you look at Big Gretch's numbers with Arab/Muslims in 2022 (doing worse than Biden 2020 by a significant margin despite winning the state by 11 pts), we do have to consider whether some of the erosion is cultural and tied to Dobbs as well. 

Put another way, Gaza isn't the only risk factor there, yet it's the only one considered when the subject comes up

Edited by mtutiger

36 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

It's why Harris is courting disaffected Republican voters. Biden did more for young voters and progressives than any president since at least Johnson, and they never gave him credit and made it loud and clear they weren't going to vote.

22 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

But they won the World Series when Reagan was President

But it's empirical and also mathematical fact that a vote for Reagan is a vote for Trump 😁 and they never made the playoffs while Trump was president.  

11 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

The polls have been looking good for Harris. The Pennsylvania ones in particular. MAGA is flooding a lot of right wing polls like they did in 2022. 

In preparation for another Jan 6-level event?

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

More of this please

And then there's this... it's always the part that gets me, he wouldn't be able to keep or hold a job as a normal person... or if he were a member of any of our families we would be finding alternative living arrangements for him.

But as President? Greatest democracy in the world, yet he's better (or the same) as the alternative because reasons I guess. It's farcical.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Thanks 1

On the subject of polling, TIPP (who holds a good rating 538) released a poll with American Greatness (a right wing organization) today of Pennsylvania:

Quite a difference between likely and registered voters right? Well (thread below)....

This is a really extreme case where the pollster effectively eliminated the impact of the largest city in the ultimate swing state... they aren't all doing this, but this is good example of why "chuck it in the average" might not be all that effective anymore.

Edited by mtutiger