2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The problem with Quinniapac is this is a D+3 sample and then they put out a Georgia poll that is R+7 that has Trump up 7. No way he is winning Georgia by a larger margin than he did in 2016. 

I'm going to guess that black men are skewing poll results and that a lot fewer of them will actually vote for Trump than are enjoying the social rush of claiming they will.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Top rated Michigan pollster. I would love to hear from Tlaib and uncommitted if Harris ends up doubling Biden's margin of victory. 

Maybe Detroit can suck my **** wasn't such a solid campaign message after all.

EDIT: Posted before I saw you all debunk it.

Edited by chasfh

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'm going to guess that black men are skewing poll results and that a lot fewer of them will actually vote for Trump than are enjoying the attention of claiming they will.

I think there’s also the fact that Blacks are under sampled. They did this with Biden and Clinton. It also sets up a narrative if Harris loses they can blame the small black vote instead of all the whites who voted for Trump. 

I just saw the Harris interview on Fox.  She handled it about as well as she could in a hostile format.  She didn't say much about what she wanted to do policy wise, but she wasn't really given the opportunity to do so.  Everything she has said about Trump has been spot on and I don't know why no other candidate has done that.  

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I just saw the Harris interview on Fox.  She handled it about as well as she could in a hostile format.  She didn't say much about what she wanted to do policy wise, but she wasn't really given the opportunity to do so.  Everything she has said about Trump has been spot on and I don't know why no other candidate has done that.  

I saw a couple of clips - the one where Baier ran Trump's sanitized response and she pushed back hard with what he has actually been saying about attacking his enemies  I thought was very effective - the "you know as well as I do"s to Baier that he didn't contradict were exactly what she needed - not even to get MAGA's to vote for her, but to make them think that Trump was guy they didn't really need to spend the energy to vote for.

Edited by gehringer_2

24 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Big if true...I also suspect that his Sundowning this week has hurt Trump at a critical time.

the Tariff thing also has to be hurting him with a lot of old school green eye-shade mainstreet types who have always been Republican for economic reasons who know it's economic lunacy. They are not a huge cohort but neither side can afford to lose anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I ended up watching it and agree - she wasn't even really asked about policy, at least in the context of policy that matters in polling (ie. economy, immigration, abortion), it seemed more like a quasi-Hannity style thing to create culture war chum for the base.

I don't know that it was a home run, but the people calling it a "disaster" don't realize that the interview wasn't really about them or their needs.... it was about the undecideds or the folks sitting on the fence. I think she did some work there.

Edited by mtutiger

5 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

they don't even need to care about the after market. The mark-up on the metal value is so large they're basically charging for an air. Trump will have have banked 90% profit before any coins go to aftermarket.

There are no Trump coins going to any aftermarket. There is no aftermarket. It’s a money laundering scheme. Yeah, there will be stupid MAGA bozos who will get duped, and he’ll see that as a fun bonus, but it’s mainly a way for oligarchs and Saudi princes and tech bros and the like to funnel money to Trump completely anonymously. It’s more efficient than using suitcases. 

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I ended up watching it and agree - she wasn't even really asked about policy, at least in the context of policy that matters in polling (ie. economy, immigration, abortion), it seemed more like a quasi-Hannity style thing to create culture war chum for the base.

I don't know that it was a home run, but the people calling it a "disaster" don't realize that the interview wasn't really about them or their needs.... it was about the undecideds or the folks sitting on the fence. I think she did some work there.

Honestly, I think a good chunk of the audience for the interview was MSNBC people tuning in to see how she was going to do, and that a high percentage of the normal Fox audience bailed to Newsmax for that period. I would think most MAGAs would have zero interest in hearing anything Kamala has to say no matter what channel she’s on. 

13 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Honestly, I think a good chunk of the audience for the interview was MSNBC people tuning in to see how she was going to do, and that a high percentage of the normal Fox audience bailed to Newsmax for that period. I would think most MAGAs would have zero interest in hearing anything Kamala has to say no matter what channel she’s on. 

Possibly, I didn't watch live but afterward myself. But even still, Fox does get a lot of eyeballs from people who aren't necessarily in the tank for Trump.... there's a reason that Pete Buttigieg shows up there periodically and that the Harris campaign sent Walz onto Fox News Sunday recently. Not to mention the fact that it is default programming in a lot of public spaces in areas of the country.

Of course I do think there was benefit beyond the actual Fox audience though - she benefits from proving she can spar and hold her own against all comers. Baier gave no quarter, but she did well and (at times) exceeded IMO. It almost seemed like a form of absolution that she had to go through in the context of this campaign.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

All of a sudden Fox News wants policy info?