2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

Interesting thing will happen in the next few days...Haley will decide to campaign with Trump or not.   The calculations she would be making to do that are many. 

• He's going to lose anyway so it helps her viability for 2028
  • She wants a job and she thinks he is likely to win so might as well jump on bandwagon
  • She decides that she might cause him (just enough nat security GOP are convinced by that) to win so best to stay out of it to avoid that bad outcome
  • Trump may well retain his grudge against her so denounces her and she campaigns against him

20 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Interesting thing will happen in the next few days...Haley will decide to campaign with Trump or not.   The calculations she would be making to do that are many. 

• He's going to lose anyway so it helps her viability for 2028
  • She wants a job and she thinks he is likely to win so might as well jump on bandwagon
  • She decides that she might cause him (just enough nat security GOP are convinced by that) to win so best to stay out of it to avoid that bad outcome
  • Trump may well retain his grudge against her so denounces her and she campaigns against him

I do think the 11th hour push to get Haley to campaign is sort of a tacit admission that Trump's campaign is really concerned about the suburbs / moderate Rs. Also perhaps validates what Plouffe said on the Pod Bros podcast last weekend, that there's some hidden strength/weaknesses with these sorts of voters for Harris/Trump respectively.

As far as Haley's future is concerned, I don't think she has much of one frankly.

Edited by mtutiger

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I do think the 11th hour push to get Haley to campaign is sort of a tacit admission that Trump's campaign is really concerned about the suburbs / moderate Rs. Also perhaps validates what Plouffe said on the Pod Bros podcast last weekend, that there's some hidden strength/weaknesses with these sorts of voters for Harris/Trump respectively.

As far as Haley's future is concerned, I don't think she has much of one frankly.

probably good to put a red hot poker up Trump's keester about his distrust and hatred of Nikki so the bad outcomes do not occur. 

12 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I have two long time conservative friends, we all listened to Rush Limbaugh as kids, we all read reports from the Heritage Foundation and even if we didn't agree with it all, thought they made good points. 

You guys must have been a riot at high school parties. 😉

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Imagine the reaction were the Harris campaign to hold her out of events because of "exhaustion".

Also, if Trump is exhausted, doesn't this tell us he's not up a job that requires an inexhaustible occupant? Wouldn't that be a disqualifer? And what other job does this guy even have that this would exhaust him?

10 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Memories, like the corners of my mine

Misty watercolor memories...

Al gore had a funny speech in 2000.... said something about hearing from a woman who's husband is about to lose his job and she has to get one now to support them family.. then he says "Hillary Clinton, I will fight for you as President".  Later on Dubya did his thing but at the end said of Gore "While I can't wish you success I wish you nothing but the best" or something along those lines.  

DIfferent times.

28 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Imagine the reaction were the Harris campaign to hold her out of events because of "exhaustion".

Also, if Trump is exhausted, doesn't this tell us he's not up a job that requires an inexhaustible occupant? Wouldn't that be a disqualifer? And what other job does this guy even have that this would exhaust him?

Remember when Hillary missed like a day back in 2016, and the right wing hysteria that her health was too poor to serve? Good times. 

• Thanks 1

I'm trying to parse through what the **** he's even saying here and apparently so is one of the hosts Ok, Lincoln was our greatest President. I get that but disagree, I think FDR was. After that I can't understand what ****ing point he's trying to make. This guy could be back in the White House and or we could elect Kamala. Let's hope we chose the latter.