2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

52 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Oh, what a shame. 

btw, I think you could properly define his movements on stage as a slow lumbering. He looks exhausted, honestly.

This “keep myself out of jail” tour is 4 years old, and it’s time for it to end. 

I'll say this. If he wins, it's unequivocally not on Harris or her campaign, they have honestly gone above and beyond even my expectations given how the campaign came to be in the first place... It's on the voters. Enough people in the right places wanted this. 

It doesn't mean that that the Harris campaign doesn't have the responsibility of making the case between now and election day obviously, but at some point we need to stop blaming the candidates and start looking in the mirror. This is about as clear a choice as it gets just on basic competence 

Edited by mtutiger
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

I'll say this. If he wins, it's unequivocally not on Harris or her campaign... It's on the voters. Enough people in the right places wanted this. 

It doesn't mean that that the Harris campaign doesn't have the responsibility of making the case obviously, but at some point we need to stop blaming the candidates and start looking in the mirror

Yup. Harris has run pretty much a mistake free campaign,  has hit all the marks, dotted all the i's, and the party supposedly has a ground game in place. The last candidate to do that was Obama in 2008.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, mtutiger said:

Speaking more to EC when I say blowout, fwiw.

A ~1-2 point miss in either direction across each of the seven states would result in a sweep of all seven states at this current moment

Right. The system magnifies the differences. Reagan polled 50.7% and won 44 states. Even with no 3rd party votes, Bush I won 40 states with only a 53.7% majority

With just about two weeks until the election don't forget that there are still ways you can get involved to help elect Kamala Harris, Tim Walz, and Democrats up and down the ballot. Your can sign up to knock on doors, phone bank, or help out at the polling locations as an election observer on Election Day. Sign up to volunteer at . . .

michigandems.com/volunteer

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

3 hours ago, Edman85 said:

There were some people setting up some kinda Trump stand in the Publix parking lot this morning. I yelled at them at the top of my lungs "TRUMP IS A FASCIST."

It didn't accomplish anything, but it was cathartic.

When I am out driving I flip off every house with a Trump sign.    It IS cathartic.    I won't walk my dog down a certain strett because it seems to be Trump Central in Dearborn.    Probably part of the Old Racist Dearborn.       My street is very diverse (white, black, middle eastern, Mexican) and wouldn't ya know, we all seem to get along just fine.  Amazing.  Something that would have never happened before the 2000s around here.     

I am the only one on my block with a lawn sign and it's Kamala.    Final straw was when he pissed on Detroit.   I was voting for her but keeping it to myself, but to hell with that.   4 years ago I had a very nasty note in my mailbox over my Biden sign, and I am expecting  that again at some point.     There is a vet that lives on my street who is Republican but absolutely hates Trump.   Can't believe anyone vet would support him.  

I was driving through the neighborhood near Michigan & Military today.    Saw a lot of Harris signs.   I like that neighborhood.  

Edited by Motor City Sonics

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I was driving through the neighborhood near Michigan & Military today.    Saw a lot of Harris signs.   I like that neighborhood.  

Have some friends that live in this area (on Park). They have a neighbor across the street with a giant Trump sign, but otherwise they like the neighborhood. 

6 hours ago, Edman85 said:

There were some people setting up some kinda Trump stand in the Publix parking lot this morning. I yelled at them at the top of my lungs "TRUMP IS A FASCIST."

It didn't accomplish anything, but it was cathartic.

You might have accomplished more if you said he gets small crowd sizes.