2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

So, what's sad about that.  The Babylon Bee thinks that is genuinely funny because Indians/Apu from the Simpsons, etc. 

The commenter below that says' "see the Right wing is actually hilariously funny" 

Did the Babylon Bee do a bit about Ben Carson being expected to run the White House office of shucking and jiving? 

28 minutes ago, romad1 said:

So, what's sad about that.  The Babylon Bee thinks that is genuinely funny because Indians/Apu from the Simpsons, etc. 

The commenter below that says' "see the Right wing is actually hilariously funny" 

Did the Babylon Bee do a bit about Ben Carson being expected to run the White House office of shucking and jiving? 

I snickered at it, not so much because of using the old trope that Indians run all the convenience stores, but more along the lines that Trump would absolutely think that would be a perfect role for him and wouldn't even realize how racist it is.

51 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I snickered at it, not so much because of using the old trope that Indians run all the convenience stores, but more along the lines that Trump would absolutely think that would be a perfect role for him and wouldn't even realize how racist it is.

I think Trump would EXACTLY know how racist it is.

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

I think Trump would EXACTLY know how racist it is.

I think I disagree, I could absolutely see him acting in disbelief if called out on it like "ummm, but they own all the convenience stores...isn't that a good thing.....for those people?"

It was a bad joke (DNC commenting on Social Media on the former Governor's withdrawal from the GOP race). But a nice gesture on the current President's campaign to apologize. We all know followers of former President Stinkey would never do such a thing

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Didn't he make Ben Carson Secretary of Housing and Urban Development because he needed a Black for the urban job?  I think I stole that from oblong.  

Edited by Tiger337

4 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I think I disagree, I could absolutely see him acting in disbelief if called out on it like "ummm, but they own all the convenience stores...isn't that a good thing.....for those people?"

He would "act" in disbelief.  Trump has no intellect, but he knows how to get people riled up.      

18 hours ago, romad1 said:

No, but they did make a joke about Ben Carson working the back 40 of the White House with a mule and plow. 

9 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I think it’s time for Ron to end this Presidential charade and go back to his real job of turning Michigan State’s football team back into a winner.  

Smith's smile is a little nerdy but still more authentic than anything DeSantis could ever hope to muster. 🙃

I registered with the GOP last week so I can vote for Nikki in a closed primary in March. The day after, I will go back to NPA until evaluating the general primary in August. I do not plan on voting for Haley in the general, but I do wish the Republican Party can excise the crazy for the good of the country.

Edited by Edman85

20 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

I registered with the GOP last week so I can vote for Nikki in a closed primary in March. The day after, I will go back to NPA until evaluating the general primary in August. I do not plan on voting for Haley in the general, but I do wish the Republican Party can excise the crazy for the good of the country.

I was going to do that until I saw what a difficult time she had addressing racism.  That's a non-starter for me.   My current plan is to vote for Phillips over Biden.  Biden's favorability rating is awful and I think the Democrats are making a big mistake letting him go pretty much unopposed.   

43 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Thinking along the same lines...

Have Haley steal the nomination and maybe this country starts to inch back towards normalcy.

Biden started it. And he needs to get a second term to complete the normalcy healing at the top...

But the Republicans gotta come to their senses.

At least until MAGA is diminished as a political force: Go Nikki.

52 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I was going to do that until I saw what a difficult time she had addressing racism.  That's a non-starter for me.   My current plan is to vote for Phillips over Biden.  Biden's favorability rating is awful and I think the Democrats are making a big mistake letting him go pretty much unopposed.   

Phillips is funded by a guy who got mad at Biden who brought “ending DEI” into Phillips’ campaign because of course.

“I am today suspending my campaign… I will not stop now.” - Ron DeSantis

Putting the “guber” back in all things gubernatorial.

(I know he is saying he will not stop keeping promises. The juxtaposition is really bad speechifying.)

23 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I personally urge you to still consider it.  Your reasoning is sound, in no way am I making light of it.  That said, being politically unable to say what the Civil War was about, or say that racism was never a problem with this country, is still much further towards normalcy then a guy that is willing to parrot whatever Stephen Miller says.  

yeah I think people like Haley lack the courage to say the right thing over the desire to lose votes.

But Trump actually thinks the South was right. 

I think there is a difference.

I don't want Haley to win.  But I don't want Trump to win 10,000,000 times more and if I had to vote for her to help make that less likely, I would.  She's on the outer bands of the normal Venn Diagram.