2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

7 minutes ago, oblong said:

yeah I think people like Haley lack the courage to say the right thing over the desire to lose votes.

But Trump actually thinks the South was right. 

I think there is a difference.

I don't want Haley to win.  But I don't want Trump to win 10,000,000 times more and if I had to vote for her to help make that less likely, I would.  She's on the outer bands of the normal Venn Diagram.

yeah - it's not enough to deny Trump votes, if your objective is to stop him you have to vote positively for someone who has a chance to defeat him or you don't accomplish anything with your vote, unless you are trying to legitimize a future 3rd party, and even if you are this is probably not the cycle when that is most important. if there were a primary in MI this cycle I would absolutely register just to vote against Trump.

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

I personally urge you to still consider it.  Your reasoning is sound, in no way am I making light of it.  That said, being politically unable to say what the Civil War was about, or say that racism was never a problem with this country, is still much further towards normalcy then a guy that is willing to parrot whatever Stephen Miller says.  

She also said she was going to pardon Trump, so screw her.  She might be less crazy but she is still enabling the crazy.  When she drops out of the race in a few weeks, she'll throw all her support his way.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, oblong said:

But Trump actually thinks the South was right. 

I don't know if that's true.  He is probably as racist as a lot of old white guys, but I don't know that he has really strong feelings either way.  Ultimately, everything is about him.  He will do or say anything that benefits himself in terms of fame and fortune.  I think his racist campaign is more of a sales job to his base than something he really cares about.  He is a lot worse than Haley, but not because of racism.   

2 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

if there were a primary in MI this cycle I would absolutely register just to vote against Trump.

I’ve been trying to follow the **** show and I’m not sure they are going to get this sorted out. 

5 minutes ago, oblong said:

I’ve been trying to follow the **** show and I’m not sure they are going to get this sorted out. 

I don't think it's going to happen, but who knows. What the heck is the state elections commission supposed to do when the two factions of the state GOP don't even agree on whose party it is and who is running it? 

17 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

if there were a primary in MI this cycle I would absolutely register just to vote against Trump.

Up until Sunday I was looking forward to the two-bagger voting against Trump and DeSantis. Unfortunately in 2016 by proactive pragmatism hadn't kicked in by primary season so I didn't vote in that primary, but it is a goal of mine to vote against both those ****ers as often as possible.

16 minutes ago, GoBlue23 said:

I'm calling on Biden to remove Kamala Harris from the ticket, replacing her with Taylor Swift.   This election would be over!

She barely makes the age cutoff....

She'll be 35 in December.   I assume the age is inauguration day, not election day.

4 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

This story kind of fell thru the cracks. If Stinky wins does he give Vlad a victory present.

Never say never with these stooges that make up the GOP today.  There's been too many "Surely they won't do that will they?" moments since 2016.

The only thing holding them back would be the R Senators.

46 minutes ago, oblong said:

Never say never with these stooges that make up the GOP today.  There's been too many "Surely they won't do that will they?" moments since 2016.

The only thing holding them back would be the R Senators.

It does bring up some interesting scenarios. Can Mexico say the same about Texas? What about France? One could argue that Jefferson's actions were a bit sketchy.

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

This story kind of fell thru the cracks. If Stinky wins does he give Vlad a victory present.

Biden to Trump: "Why DON'T you give Alaska back to Russia? You could get a Trump Tower Moscow and a Trump Tower St. Petersburg out of it... Isn't that a good trade for you? Alaska for two Trump Towers."

Trump, with brows furrowed and chin in hand, thinking intently and muttering under his breath: "Hmmm, not a bad idea. That might work. I should call up Vladdy first thing after this. He loves me. Alaska for two Trump Towers. Hmmm."

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

I approve that she got them.  Those 6 people are surely shaking their heads considering their ancestors fought a Civil War over an issue she clearly botched but at least she's not a mentally unstable pawn of any dictator that greases his palm. 

Haley actually taking some legit swipes at slump in this speech.  People in her crowd yelling that Trump wears depends and is a loser.

Among other swipes Haley said he has Sr moments and explicitly called out him blaming her for J6 security.

Why is this being billed as a historic win for Trump (by CNN)?  A former President winning a primary by 10 points is nothing to brag about.  CNN and the rest of the media needs to stop jerking off to Trump, but they won't because they need him.  

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Why is this being billed as a historic win for Trump (by CNN)?  A former President winning a primary by 10 points is nothing to brag about.  CNN and the rest of the media needs to stop jerking off to Trump, but they won't because they need him.  

this. Party wise Trump is an incumbent president. Winning narrow sank LBJ in 1968.

South Carolina be damned... 

She MUST stay in until at least Super Tuesday.

And... while she's down a lot (in polls) in South Carolina...

She has lots of time to tour the state drumming up support. She has to make a huge effort there...

But I wanna see her get through Super Tuesday... At least. If not more than that.

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

South Carolina be damned... 

She MUST stay in until at least Super Tuesday.

And... while she's down a lot (in polls) in South Carolina...

She has lots of time to tour the state drumming up support. She has to make a huge effort there...

But I wanna see her get through Super Tuesday... At least. If not more than that.

the question is who will pay the bill? The small money goes to Trump and big GOP donors are probably scared to piss him off since he might win and come after them. Plus they've already staked DeSantis to a big pot of $$ and have zero to show for it.

Edited by gehringer_2

15 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Why is this being billed as a historic win for Trump (by CNN)?  ...

It's an ATROCIOUS win by Trump.

If he gains the nomination, he's dead in the water in the General. I think Biden has nothing to worry about except for something outrageous. And I don't see it.

A wipe out of Trump in the General may finally wipe out the political power of MAGA.

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

the question is who will pay the bill? The small money goes to Trump and big GOP donors are probably scared to piss him off since he might win and come after them.

She'll get her donors and support.

After tonight... there'll be a huge swing in money towards her and away from Trump. Plus some voices.

Book it.

26 minutes ago, pfife said:

Haley actually taking some legit swipes at slump in this speech.  People in her crowd yelling that Trump wears depends and is a loser.

Among other swipes Haley said he has Sr moments and explicitly called out him blaming her for J6 security.

I hope Haley stays in this and doesn’t bail out. DeSantis and Scott went down on bended knees for Trump.