2024 Presidential Election thread

pfife

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

So you're saying he should have left that out, which means if he was ethical and not a MAGA he would have simply said "President Biden illegally possessed and shared classified information with an unauthorized source, no charges can be filed as he's a sitting president, the end."  

I am saying he should have left out the bloviations about sympathy from jury he had no power to convene.

The rest of your post is your words

1 hour ago, 1984Echoes said:

This generation apparently does not....

MSUGA

It doesn't stand for "Meshuga", but it could.

Never though it would be Republicans supporting Make Soviet Union Great Again

But these ****ers have twisted everything.     

Isn't Marco Rubio anti-Castro?     Shows how scared that little spineless pussy is of Trump.   Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, CMRivdogs said:

Considering it's been 50 years since the last troops left Viet Nam....

It's been 20 years since Iraq...

I saw a statistic recently. In 1990 there were 9 million WWII Vets still living. Today there are only 100k or so left from the worlds greatest generation.

5 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

I saw a statistic recently. In 1990 there were 9 million WWII Vets still living. Today there are only 100k or so left from the worlds greatest generation.

Vietnam was such a huge anvil weighing over the heads of my generation.  Its fascinating how little I think of it anymore.   I started listening to some Grand Funk the other day and the comments in the youtube page for "I'm your captain" were all about the guys who listened to that while they were in country.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Vietnam was such a huge anvil weighing over the heads of my generation.  Its fascinating how little I think of it anymore.   I started listening to some Grand Funk the other day and the comments in the youtube page for "I'm your captain" were all about the guys who listened to that while they were in country.  

and when I say "my generation" i am talking about the generation from the movie Jarhead and Three Kings bitching about how we didn't get to go to war (Desert Storm) with our own music. 

4 hours ago, oblong said:

The ad was put out by a PAC, so allegedly not him, (riiiiight) he apologized to his family for it on twitter.  Of course his tweet of the ad is still up though.

And can we guess where the PAC got the money?

Edited by gehringer_2

So Robert Kraft ran an anti-hate ad during the Super Bowl? 

Hey, Bob,  you've had plenty of chances to distant yourself from the one man stirring up the hate.   Too late now.

You can take your ad and stick it up your arse, Bob.          You saw Nazis in Charlottesville back in 2017.    You still supported Trump in 2020.   Shut the f up, Bob.   Your words mean nothing now.  You helped create that monster.  Your greed got in front of your common sense.   Like your life is such a slog under Democrats.  Okay, Bob. 

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

And can we guess where the PAC got the money?

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/18/wall-street-executive-rfk-jr-anti-vaccine-group.html

Mark Gorton, founder and chairman of high-frequency trading firm Tower Research Capital, said he has given $1 million to the anti-vaccine nonprofit organization called Children’s Health Defense since 2021.

The group had raised nearly $9.8 million, as of June 30, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission. Timothy Mellon, a billionaire descendant of the Mellon banking family, contributed $5 million to the PAC – after donating to a pro-Donald Trump committee in 2020. Celebrity security consultant Gavin de Becker – who has donated to both Republican and Democratic candidates in the past – contributed $4.5 million to American Values 2024.

Other contributors include prominent Democratic donor Abby Rockefeller, Lyons’ Skyhorse Publishing and tech entrepreneur Steve Kirsch, who frequently spreads vaccine misinformation.

I

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I used to have respect for Cheryl Hines because of her environmentalism, but she's with this kookoo now? 

I started watching last season's Larry David and she came on. I guess RFKJr has no objection to plastic surgery or injecting Botox 

7 hours ago, GoBlue23 said:

This is all about the upcoming election so I figured it fit better here than in the TV series post.

Might be a vestige of my former life as a GOP center-right stalwart but I still don't find Jon Steward very funny.