2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

The MSU players are dirtbags and should be suspended and possibly charged.  I’m not condoning them.  Even if they may have instigated by trash talk they can’t respond that way.  My point was this was a known problem as recent as last week that Harbaugh blew off in his press conference and made it seem like no big deal.  I didn’t know that behind the scenes, they apparently tried to make some changes.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, buddha said:

hongbit was trying to say michigan players instigated it and asked for it.

we all love bonghit, but he is a long time michigan "antagonist" and likes nothing better than to rile us up.  lol.

bonghit how did I never see that

Edited by sabretooth

4 minutes ago, buddha said:

if you throw punches you should be disciplined.  if not, there should be no discipline.

we can have a larger discussion about how sportsmanship is no longer a virtue extolled by society, and how its now ok to talk shit as a matter of "individual expression", but leaving those issues aside the fact remains that players talk shit to each other.

it doesnt give you the right to beat someone up.  even if you lost the game.  if you lose, you take it and move on.

for the record I was never excusing anything....but instigation is a key part of this kind of event where emotions are sky high.

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I get why Tuck took a swipe at the fan.  Don't put your hands on someone's head, idiot - you deserved to get schmacked,   

(thanks to Argyle on Stranger Things, that is how I say it now -- schmacked). 

nobody should be putting their hands on anybody.  they should kick that fan out and take his tickets away.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

hongbit was trying to say michigan players instigated it and asked for it.

we all love bonghit, but he is a long time michigan "antagonist" and likes nothing better than to rile us up.  lol.

I gave up my UM trolling years ago.  Not as fun when you guys are good.   Lol

Back to football… Crazy but Illinois continues to win.  One of the biggest surprise stories in college football. Even though I don’t buy it, they’ve created a beautiful bump to Michigan’s SOS.  As long as the Fighting Bielema’s can beat MSU and Purdue to set it up, a win by UM over the 9-1 Illini should almost 100% ensure a playoff spot even if they lose to the Bucks.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I gave up my UM trolling years ago.  Not as fun when you guys are good.   Lol

Back to football… Crazy but Illinois continues to win.  One of the biggest surprise stories in college football. Even though I don’t buy it, they’ve created a beautiful bump to Michigan’s SOS.  As long as the Fighting Bielema’s can beat MSU and Purdue to set it up, a win by UM over the 9-1 Illini should almost 100% ensure a playoff spot even if they lose to the Bucks.  

Almost identical score to Michigan's game yesterday. 

I think it's for real - because it's the WAY they are doing it........Bielema is Coach Of The year if they go 9-3 or better and they look like they will.  He is going to really improve his recruiting off of this too.

Their only loss was to a terrible Indiana team.   Illinois is 4 points shy of being 8-0 and probably ranked about #8 or #9 in the country.     Seemed like nobody from the West wanted it this year.    

Who would have thought that the Illinois-Purdue game in 2 weeks would probably be the deciding game in that division.  If they win the next 2 they could be in the Top 10 when they get to Ann Arbor.    Tennessee controls their destiny next week vs. GA.  Kansas State still has a shot the  Big 12 and UCLA is very much in the running in the Pac 12.   I love seeing some new blood.   Someone else please beat Alabama, as much as I hate Brian Kelly and Lane Kiffin, I'm sick of Saban.    I would also love to see North Carolina beat Clemson so we don't have to tolerate Swinney through the holidays.  

Could you imagine a final 4 of

Michigan
Tennessee

TCU
UCLA or Utah

Could very well happen.  Someone is going to beat Oregon before this season ends. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves, right.    Field Goals instead of Touchdowns and you aren't beating Ohio State.....or maybe even Illinois.     They've got a very dangerous Rutgers team on the road next week  (that'll be how they market it all week). 

Edited by Motor City Sonics

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Reading a lot into the red zone worries.   Good team problems.

Some of these stem from Harbaugh’s conservative nature to kick on 4th down.  He’s got a great kicker and defense so that’s the right move but many other coaches are going for it and scoring TD’s and making the numbers look better.    Of course some other coaches are going for it and running slow developing counter plays on 4th and 1 and crushing their teams hopes instead of kicking an easy FG. 

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Reading a lot into the red zone worries.   Good team problems.

same thing last year too.

i think its more that harbaugh knows they arent likely to lose these games unless they turn the ball over.  so get points and play defense.

osu will be a different story.  like last year, they'll need tds.  i think they open the playbook for that game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

The tunnel has always been a problem.  There was an issue just the other week against Penn St.   James Franklin called it out as a something the league should address.  Harbaugh proceeded to mock him and say it was nothing.  Warde agreed and did nothing.    The MSU players are thugs and probably should be charged but this is a known problem that was ignored by UM.   

LOL - the tunnel has been there for almost 100 yrs. Somehow only today's players can't seem to share it.

Heck - if football can't teach young men values like discipline (as is so widely touted), WTF is it even good for?

Edited by gehringer_2

10 minutes ago, buddha said:

same thing last year too.

i think its more that harbaugh knows they arent likely to lose these games unless they turn the ball over.  so get points and play defense.

osu will be a different story.  like last year, they'll need tds.  i think they open the playbook for that game.

agree

33 minutes ago, romad1 said:

this is Assault 

Oh yeah, I was just coming her to comment on this.......that's a Felony assault there,  used the helmet like a weapon and broke the kid's nose. 

Looks like they were waiting for guys.........that's another level to this and honestly I'm thinking the Head Coach should face a suspension if it was lying in wait.   Not that he personally did anything but someone needs to represent this. 

8 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Oh yeah, I was just coming her to comment on this.......that's a Felony assault there,  used the helmet like a weapon and broke the kid's nose. 

Looks like they were waiting for guys.........that's another level to this and honestly I'm thinking the Head Coach should face a suspension if it was lying in wait.   Not that he personally did anything but someone needs to represent this. 

Probably a good time for M and MSU staff and coaches to put some oil on the waters to cool things off.   This rivalry is intense but it shouldn't be violent.   I don't know how we walk this back but, I have to live with a Sparty and have a Sparty son.  I can't have them trying to shiv me in the showers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Probably a good time for M and MSU staff and coaches to put some oil on the waters to cool things off.   This rivalry is intense but it shouldn't be violent.   I don't know how we walk this back but, I have to live with a Sparty and have a Sparty son.  I can't have them trying to shiv me in the showers.

But probably more likely Harbaugh will demand a pound a flesh. Not that he may not be justified, but just noting that in the past his first impulses toward other coaches he's had issues with have not been conciliatory.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

But probably more likely Harbaugh will demand a pound a flesh. Not that he may not be justified, but just noting that in the past his first impulses toward other coaches he's had issues with have not been concilatory.

Maybe this is where Santa Ono and whichever pedo criminal who runs MSU and steals my money need to do that.

(sarcasm)

Edited by romad1
  • Haha 1