2022 Michigan Football

Deleterious

8 hours ago, romad1 said:

this is Assault 

it's michigan state.  he'll probably be a captain next week.

need i remind everyone that saint mark dantonio once had a player actually go to jail because he broke another's students bones and ended his hockey career?  why did the east lansing cops put him in jail instead of letting him go like they usually do?  because it was the second time he did it.  and saint mark put him back on the team the day he got out of jail.

we'll see if tucker will suspend the guy or say "we'll handle it internally" and then wait for it to blow over.  if the guy isnt any good, he'll probably come down hard on him.

I don’t think the helmet swinger should have made the trip back to East Lansing with the team. They should have been arrested and lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail pending an arraignment on Monday for a charge of felonious assault.

The Michigan players shouldn’t have cut the line, and I’m sure the Big Ten will institute policies about that (probably a suspension for a half if you go in before the all clear, or making game officials stand between the teams until the visitors are completely in). Those bringing that the Michigan players though is just whataboutism. The behavior of MSU players was inexcusable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don’t think the helmet swinger should have made the trip back to East Lansing with the team. They should have been arrested and lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail pending an arraignment on Monday for a charge of felonious assault.

The Michigan players shouldn’t have cut the line, and I’m sure the Big Ten will institute policies about that (probably a suspension for a half if you go in before the all clear, or making game officials stand between the teams until the visitors are completely in). Those bringing that the Michigan players though is just whataboutism. The behavior of MSU players was inexcusable.

A player, regardless of what colors he wears, should be allowed to go into a locker room whenever he wants.   

Oh this is interesting

Some good in this.  There are MSU players trying to bring their boys to sanity.  I noted #41 and #33 pulling the #14 out of the fracas.  But #4 puts his helmet on and holds Gemon Green down.   The punter #99 looks like he's trying to be a force for sanity. 

Imagine we would be studying Michigan tunnel video like its Lee Harvey Oswald being shot by Jack Ruby

Edited by romad1

8 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Oh this is interesting

Some good in this.  There are MSU players trying to bring their boys to sanity.  I noted #41 and #33 pulling the #14 out of the fracas.  But #4 puts his helmet on and holds Gemon Green down.   The punter #99 looks like he's trying to be a force for sanity. 

Imagine we would be studying Michigan tunnel video like its Lee Harvey Oswald being shot by Jack Ruby

Now, Jack...........I am going to be the only guy wearing a white suit..........with a great big hat and I'll make sure he's cuffed to me........so when you see my big white hat and my big white shirt.............we'll make sure there is NOBODY in  front of him........Okay?   

(that Lee Harvey Oswald thing was more staged than the Patrick Ewing draft lottery). 

21 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Now, Jack...........I am going to be the only guy wearing a white suit..........with a great big hat and I'll make sure he's cuffed to me........so when you see my big white hat and my big white shirt.............we'll make sure there is NOBODY in  front of him........Okay?   

(that Lee Harvey Oswald thing was more staged than the Patrick Ewing draft lottery). 

I’m not gonna argue 

Sparty Radio on 97.1 this afternoon was nauseating.  Blamed Harbaugh for the behavior of MSU players.  Then said when MSU win nothing bad happened.   Oh, you mean Michigan players didn't act like Jimmy and Tommy from Goodfellas?  Way to prove a point.   It was all Michigan's fault for ramping up the rivalry.    Oh really,  State doesn't talk trash when they win?  Oh, okay.......sure.  

1 hour ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Sparty Radio on 97.1 this afternoon was nauseating.  Blamed Harbaugh for the behavior of MSU players.  Then said when MSU win nothing bad happened.   Oh, you mean Michigan players didn't act like Jimmy and Tommy from Goodfellas?  Way to prove a point.   It was all Michigan's fault for ramping up the rivalry.    Oh really,  State doesn't talk trash when they win?  Oh, okay.......sure.  

Its not listenable. 

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

Its not listenable. 

And by the way......Penn State players started the whole thing 3 weeks ago.  It was 90% on them.  A few Michigan players clapped back but were quickly told to shut up by their coaches.   Franklin did no such thing with his players and then went and whined about it. 

Both sides ratchet up the rivalry and sometimes it gets unhealthy, but Michigan's antics involving throwing a spike into the turf or mocking them are not even close to what the handful of Spartan players did on Saturday.   The closest would be Devin Bush refusing to move for MSU's pregame walk-through.  That was stupid but I don't remember Michigan players attacking anyone from MSU. 

Do we know who the helmet swinger was yet?   I haven't checked the latest news this morning. 

12 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Mike Valenti and Rico Beard were shameful today. They literally excused violence and as you said, made it out to be all Harbaugh's fault. Some of the worst radio I have heard in a long while from them.

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Turn them off. 

That's why I did.      Sparty obsessed with Michigan - all the time.      Sure, it's all Harbaugh's fault.       Harbaugh has a lot of flaws and he irritates the hell out of me - often, but that wasn't his fault and it wasn't Tuck's fault either.  If Tuck was down there that would not have happened.   (and he had every right to shmack the guy who touched his head).    Gonna get schmacked

wlliam stranger things 4 chapter three the #stranger things #drama #horror  #thriller #s WELCOME TO DAILYFLICKS @dailyflicks

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Mike Valenti and Rico Beard were shameful today. They literally excused violence and as you said, made it out to be all Harbaugh's fault. Some of the worst radio I have heard in a long while from them.

Harbaugh’s personality probably has escalated it back up again.   If this was the typical football fight with pushing and shoving, Valenti and Rico may have had some merit.   What happened in that tunnel went way, way beyond.   That’s not on Jim Harbaugh.  There’s just no justification for that behavior at all. Period. 

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Harbaugh’s personality probably has escalated it back up again.   If this was the typical football fight with pushing and shoving, Valenti and Rico may have had some merit.   What happened in that tunnel went way, way beyond.   That’s not on Jim Harbaugh.  There’s just no justification for that behavior at all. Period. 

Can you imagine if Harbaugh just used Dantonio language the last few days?  This would have reached mega boiling point. 

*aka really hot steam

Edited by romad1

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

And by the way......Penn State players started the whole thing 3 weeks ago.  It was 90% on them.  A few Michigan players clapped back but were quickly told to shut up by their coaches.   Franklin did no such thing with his players and then went and whined about it. 

Both sides ratchet up the rivalry and sometimes it gets unhealthy, but Michigan's antics involving throwing a spike into the turf or mocking them are not even close to what the handful of Spartan players did on Saturday.   The closest would be Devin Bush refusing to move for MSU's pregame walk-through.  That was stupid but I don't remember Michigan players attacking anyone from MSU. 

Do we know who the helmet swinger was yet?   I haven't checked the latest news this morning. 

penn state and michigan also walked down the tunnel together after the game and everything was fine.