So, I'm thinking Tuesday night.........

1 - Georgia   - The ol' leap frog.  Statement game

2 - Ohio State - Can't drop them because it was close - crazy weather

3 - Michigan - Made a serious statement in the 3rd quarter

4 - Tennessee - Still up there, they can certainly still earn a playoff spot

5 - TCU - All the ranked teams they beat  wound up looking bad

6 - LSU - Brian Kelly killed a kid. 

7 - Oregon - They have only lost to the #1 team, they should be higher

8 - USC (if they win) - I do expect them to win, they get sizzle points for market size

9 - Ole Miss - The can drive a wooden stake into Alabama's heart next week, but LSU had the tiebreaker

10 - Alabama - I should be tuning into sports radio in Alabama to hear the Fire Saban bring in Coach Prime calls

11 - UCLA  (if they win). - it will be cool to see the red & blue showdown mean something again

12 - Clemson - They were a fraud.  Weak schedule.  Ass kicked.  I'm sure Dabo is whining about something tonight

13 - Utah - They just kind of hang out around the edges in a very interesting Pac 12

14 - Penn State - Not a lot of strength beyond the top 7 or 8, but they are not that good

15 - North Carolina - I thought they would be the ones to foil Clemson in the title game

16 - Texas - If they had Quinn Ewers all season they would be higher.  

Sorry Tulane............

Edited by Motor City Sonics

53 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

poor clock management my M there. Probably score 7 if they use the TOs earlier.

So everybody is on JJ's case because they don't connect long, and he did overthrow one, but I've yet to see an M wide receiver get any separation on the misses today.

Their passing game must get better in the next 2 weeks or they're gonna be blown out.  

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Their passing game must get better in the next 2 weeks or they're gonna be blown out.  

They are going to have to just stay with the short stuff that works because this WR corp doesn't get open deep unless the scheme manages to break the D's coverage. Schonmaker is out today - do they get him back or is he done? 

Edward's not playing much either and he may actually be their best receiver. If they want to improve the deep passing game they should probably just play him at WR.

Edited by gehringer_2

Just saw this thread today. Bacon is traditionally a very fair and balanced reporter for Michigan sports, and I think this is significant, and well worth the read.

I think it's fully possible the Big Ten elected to wait until law enforcement concluded their investigation to start theirs. Bacon mentions this possibility briefly towards the end of his thread, but I don't know if he does that theory justice, because I could fully understand why the B1G would want to do that, from a corporate standpoint. It's an easy path 'out' from a toxic situation that's inevitably going to leave some of your constituents upset... Allow law enforcement to investigate first, let them do the dirty work, then come in from behind with clean-up if/where needed.

If Crump and/or others are charged with assault this week, there is not much the B1G needs to do with them. MSU will likely formally boot them from the team, and they will likely be looking at a lengthy period of probation, if they get a reasonable judge (and assuming there is no criminal history). I don't foresee the B1G levying any sort of institutional charge against MSU, even despite what is contained here. Maybe the game officials or field mics can corroborate some of it, but a lot of it (language in particular) will be denied, and that's that. It's laying the foundation for a possible pattern of institutional behavior, but I can't imagine what the B1G would do with it on its own. A public reprimand? It's hard to say that MSU did anything wrong in their response to the tunnel incident, quickly suspending eight players and issuing public apologies.

I will say - if this is what Warren is doing, there would be no harm in saying so. A two-sentence statement reading that the investigation remains ongoing and that the B1G is awaiting the results of the police report would silence a lot of this.

I will further say (and this is somewhat political so I'll tread carefully) that a lot of the criticisms laid upon the feet of Warren here can be extended to the UMPD, short of something unknown being contained in the report. That assumption taken as true (that nothing new earth-shattering is going to come out that took them time to flesh out), Bacon is 100% correct that this two-week investigation could have been completed by a journalist in two days. There is no need to churn this out long-term, and police departments often do so for bureaucratic reasons (so-and-so is on vacation, this needs to be approved by X, this needs Y's signature too) that defy a sense of justice. Cases that can be forwarded to a prosecutor in two days should be forwarded to a prosecutor in two days.

In this case, I still firmly believe that Crump should have been arrested the day of the incident. Dragging this out, and all cases like it, only hurts the victim(s), the alleged perpetrator(s), and everyone else involved. I'll step down from the soap box now.