House of the Dragon... GOT Dragon?

1984Echoes

I was a season 8 hater but I am enjoying this a lot more than I expected.  Mostly because those two idiots are not involved and Martin is.  Plus this is coming straight off of his material, which makes it better.

I also thought I was done with prequels.  We stopped watching BCS because it was just dumb to put characters in danger that I knew were alive in Breaking Bad.  The 170+ year difference in timelines makes it so no characters are in both shows.  Well I guess Melisandre could be.

‘House of the Dragon’ Averaging 29 Million Viewers Per Episode, Audience Rises 3% in Week 5 (EXCLUSIVE)

Viewership of “House of the Dragon” has hit a steady pace.

The fifth episode of the “Game of Thrones” prequel drew 3% more U.S. viewers than Episode 4, Variety has learned exclusively. Additionally, Season 1 is now averaging 29 million viewers per episode across its first five episodes. That’s a massive audience for any premium cable series, and a very promising sign that it’s going the way of its predecessor: “Game of Thrones” averaged more than 44 million viewers per episode for its eighth and final season in 2019.

The “House of the Dragon” Episode 5 statistics combine Nielsen’s measurement of Sunday’s four cable airings with the number of streaming viewers across HBO Max and other HBO platforms. When isolating linear viewership, according to Nielsen, 2.576 million people tuned into the episode on HBO itself, a 4% increase when compared to last week’s 2.474 million cable viewers.

So many birth scenes.

The Queen doesn't even flinch walking in on her son rubbing one out while standing in a wide open window.

Larys burns his father and brother alive just to favor curry with the queen?  He makes Littlefinger look like a rookie.

I liked how they gave the dragon a little personality.  Vhagar didn't want to burn Laena and really hesitated but in the end she did as she was told.  Just a nice little touch that means nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK that last scene was a bit much and sort of reminds me a bit of season 8.  It was basically, have Meleys roast all the Greens and avoid a huge war.  Or have a season 2.

If you aren't going to kill the Greens there, just fade to black with Aegon raising his sword in the air.  Why even bother having Rhaenys bust in on Meleys?

Really good episode other than that nitpick.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

Season finale was amazing! Is this show possibly better than GoT?

Less characters and one main storyline makes it much easier to follow for all of us non book readers out there.  

Yes...

BUT: Now we have a killer wait for season 2... !!!

Also: How did Daemon know that Lucerys was killed? It was in the middle of nowhere... or was Rhaenyra just reacting to Daemon telling her he got them dragon Vermithor? She looked shaken by the message and turned around in rage so it had to be Lucerys news... how did Daemon know?

• 1 year later...