Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

President Zelenskyy’s answer to this question is clear; he’s committed to recapturing every inch of Ukraine that’s been occupied by Russian forces, as well as Crimea. He’s even stated that he refuses to enter peace talks unless Russia withdraws from the Crimean Peninsula.

Is this what President Biden means when he says for as long as it takes? If so, then we need to brace the American people for a long and bloody conflict in which U.S. soldiers will have to fight. Ukraine has no hope of recapturing Crimea without direct U.S. military involvement, and the peninsula is a bright red line for Putin

In fact, the unexpected consequences of Putin’s war are already taking effect. The increasingly intimate relationship between China and Russia is just one example, as their energy relationship has almost single-handedly allowed Moscow to finance its invasion.

we need to demand more accountability for the billions of taxpayer dollars committed to this effort. An obvious place to start is Ukrainian government employee and teacher pensions, which are currently being financed by U.S. taxpayer dollars

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/met-zelenskyy-ukraine-told-him-shift-strategy-4-ways

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

“Leak” is unauthorized disclosure in the service of this sociopathic traitor’s support of the Putin agenda.  

In this case, yes.  Generally you can shorten up what you're saying to describe other times when classified information was put out by someone:

“Leak” is unauthorized disclosure

So re-reading my original post, can you tell me how or why you found me saying 'leak' offensive?  

Just now, ewsieg said:

In this case, yes.  Generally you can shorten up what you're saying to describe other times when classified information was put out by someone:

“Leak” is unauthorized disclosure

So re-reading my original post, can you tell me how or why you found me saying 'leak' offensive?  

Soft pedaling the treason.  Just because you support the objective of unauthorized disclosures doesn’t make it less treasonous.

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Soft pedaling the treason.  Just because you support the objective of unauthorized disclosures doesn’t make it less treasonous.

Dude, saying the documents were leaked doesn't mean I support the unauthorized disclosures or support some objective you believe I have in regards to them.  I never said that.  It was illegal, that guy should be severely punished for the harm he's done.  

But the information is now out there.  If you're upset with me following media reports about what was in the docs, that's ridiculous. 

2 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Dude, saying the documents were leaked doesn't mean I support the unauthorized disclosures or support some objective you believe I have in regards to them.  I never said that.  It was illegal, that guy should be severely punished for the harm he's done.  

But the information is now out there.  If you're upset with me following media reports about what was in the docs, that's ridiculous. 

Yes,  repeatedly remarking on the information as true or possibly true supports the objective of the espionage.

Just now, romad1 said:

Yes,  repeatedly remarking on the information as true or possibly true supports the objective of the espionage.

Hence why you need a 'state run' insignia.  The media has the right to report on it.  The people should understand that the documents can not be authenticated and take the information with a grain of salt, and it should be reported that way, which I have seen on the very little bit of reporting on the information itself.  

The part I referenced from the leaked docs also had other reporting supporting the same issue prior to the documents being found so I personally do believe that is a concern.  While it would be easier for Biden and your agency to have everyone blindly follow our dear leader and truly believe we have no concerns, because everything is perfect and we shouldn't worry about anything, is ironically what you want for yourself, yet say is the most important thing for us to fight against in Ukraine.

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Hence why you need a 'state run' insignia.  The media has the right to report on it.  The people should understand that the documents can not be authenticated and take the information with a grain of salt, and it should be reported that way, which I have seen on the very little bit of reporting on the information itself.  

The part I referenced from the leaked docs also had other reporting supporting the same issue prior to the documents being found so I personally do believe that is a concern.  While it would be easier for Biden and your agency to have everyone blindly follow our dear leader and truly believe we have no concerns, because everything is perfect and we shouldn't worry about anything, is ironically what you want for yourself, yet say is the most important thing for us to fight against in Ukraine.

The most important thing to fight against in Ukraine is the Russians.  They know that they can always count on the ego of useful fools.

39 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

F-16 Fighters ‘Sitting Ducks’ For Russian Missiles; US Air Force Pilot Says

https://eurasiantimes.com/f-16-fighters-jet-sitting-ducks-for-russian-missiles-us-air-force/

LOL. This is a reach - sounds more like a backhanded sales pitch for Eurofighters. The F-16 is operated in more places than probably any western fighter aircraft. If its FOD issue are marginally worse than say, an F15 (and FOD is an issue for every jet engine), whatever its limitations, it's a platform that dozens of countries, including ones with lots of sand blowing around, have managed quite well.

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The most important thing to fight against in Ukraine is the Russians.  They know that they can always count on the ego of useful fools.

It might make our leaders job a bit more difficult, but I'm going to support a free media to report on anything that shows up in public.  I personally feel that's a big reason that sets us apart from the likes of Russia and I think that's a good thing.

1 hour ago, ewsieg said:

It might make our leaders job a bit more difficult, but I'm going to support a free media to report on anything that shows up in public.  I personally feel that's a big reason that sets us apart from the likes of Russia and I think that's a good thing.

A free media which includes Alex Jones, Tucker Carlson and is happy to amplify Kremlin dogma.

But i repeat myself when i said useful fools.

Edited by romad1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

The provocation appears designed to rile up the Russian public for mobilization.

It's a measure of both the Russian sense of projection and their misunderstand the Ukrainians that assassination attempt is their first reading. Listen to any of the Ukrainian leadership, unlike we Americans who focus on personality, they don't care about Putin at all. They see Putin as simply the organic and thus likely completely reproducible product of the state of Russian society. If this drone was Ulrainian - and of course  given Putin's amply demonstrated willing to kill and create chaos to gin up public sentiment who knows? - they certainly weren't trying to kill Putin - they were just sending Moscovites  Spring greetings.

Edited by gehringer_2