Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

They need to go as far into the winter as they can, as well...

Russian logistics on Ukrainian territory is ****ed.

That means their forces too...

Russia's big winter offensive was all about the Wagner Group.  Who the hell is going to lead that now?   

20 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

He is an Agent of Russia.

Providing aide to the enemy...

Which means...

He gave them Starlink, including components for it, for free.  (Additional service was later paid by the coalition)  I keep finding articles saying that Musk has confirmed that he turned it off, but even the sources provided only state that he refused to expand coverage into Crimea, not that he turned off anything he had already provided.  

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4193788-musk-acknowledges-he-turned-off-starlink-internet-access-last-year-during-ukraine-attack-on-russia-military/

“There was an emergency request from government authorities to activate Starlink all the way to Sevastopol,” Musk wrote on X, the platform previously known as Twitter.

“The obvious intent being to sink most of the Russian fleet at anchor. If I had agreed to their request, then SpaceX would be explicitly complicit in a major act of war and conflict escalation,” Musk wrote.

Dang

We really are in a different world than we were in before COVID.  China is breaking down a lot of good will with the outside world and wondering why people are reacting the way they are reacting to them becoming a more insular, crazified country that thinks using AI and quantum computing tools against its citizens is somehow going to lead to better Communism.   Russia for its part is just so broken and wistful for its glory days that its going to take a generation for it to "recover" to some form that isn't a complete pariah.   --- Unless Trump wins in 2024.   If he wins and appoints Ambassador Mike Flynn or Matt Gaetz then, the spigot of US tech to Russia will be unleashed.

15 hours ago, pfife said:

Seems like it's only a matter of time before I'm gone from that website

I so want to send this to the Musk fan I know.   I know the response will be heavily nuanced.   I really don't want this wanna-be God Emperor to be in charge of a Mars colony.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

So, UK has always been very forward leaning about supporting Ukraine.

I like that they've been so proactive...

It takes a small amount of heat off of the U.S.

It provides a "push" to slow-moving countries (especially Germany but a bit of a push in the U.S. as well...)

It shows there are other countries aside from us that can take a leadership position.

And from my perspective: it's always been "give them what they want", so Ukraine should already have ATACMS as far as I'm concerned, F-16's, depleted uranium shells, etc... So keep pushing UK!

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not convinced that China won't attack Taiwan on its own schedule no matter what happens in Ukraine.   That said, there is merit to this point of view.  The 1960s perspective would be that not everything is Munich.  The 1930s perspective would be that yes, but Munich was terrible for Czechoslovakia and Poland and everywhere else. 

The US genuinely is racing to match a massive arms buildup in the Western Pacific and bringing as many allies as can be gathered to the collective security structure there.   Chinese weapons being sent to Russia to help them kill Ukraine seem to be happening and that sucks.  

An interesting potential future development would be when China decides to try out their newest weapons in Ukraine to give them real world tests.  I'm sure Russia would love that.  I'm sure it would have devastating effects. 

Edited by romad1

24 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This actually surprises me

Armenia was all in on their Russian bosses I thought. 

This apparently has the Kremlin in a boil of rage. 

There's no chance Armenia is working with US on this to gather intelligence and pass it on to Russia, right?

• Confused 1