Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

12 minutes ago, pfife said:

He didn't turn on Skylink because it was a pearl harbor attack being planned. 

You do realize you are using evidence that he didn't violate the Logan act (work with a foreign government beyond legal limits) to claim he did violate the Logan act simply because you would have preferred the outcome, right?

There is plenty to dislike about him and I wish there was a Washington think tank using him as a use case of what can the government do to ensure individuals don't have too much power, but I simply don't see it with this specific issue.

13 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

You do realize you are using evidence that he didn't violate the Logan act (work with a foreign government beyond legal limits) to claim he did violate the Logan act simply because you would have preferred the outcome, right?

There is plenty to dislike about him and I wish there was a Washington think tank using him as a use case of what can the government do to ensure individuals don't have too much power, but I simply don't see it with this specific issue.

I strongly agree that you believe that

From Scott Pelley's 60 minutes piece with Zelenskyy:

Zelenskyy (translated): Today you and I… you said it to me… you saw me awarding people [medals]. [Well] today is a day like that. A week ago, I gave awards to parents [of soldiers who have been killed]. There were 24 families of the dead. There was a woman. She was with three children. There were parents, very old. They could barely walk and they had had only one son. One of the women was pregnant. She arrived holding a baby in her arms. And she was pregnant. And that baby will never see… what should I tell them? That all of them died so that we could say, "It's okay, [Russia] you can take it all." It's a difficult job. You understand me, right? Giving awards to people whose faces show their whole world has collapsed. And all I can give them, all I can give them – is victory.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People have been telling me for years how brilliant Musk is.  I never paid attention to him until he paid too much money for Twitter and tried to turn it into a far right forum.  He seems to be not as bright as people say and also a huge dickbag.    

Edited by Tiger337
  • Thanks 2

On 9/14/2023 at 9:38 AM, romad1 said:

well, these are the right questions

I don't even think it's only his ego, it's his shallowness. All he cares about is the world of money - since he has no principles or interests beyond that, he has no concept that outside his privileged bubble, millions of other people live lives where freedom, justice, morality and human rights matter.

Edited by gehringer_2

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't even think it's only his ego, it's his shallowness. All he cares about is the world of money - since he has no principles or interests beyond that, he has no concept that outside his privileged bubble, millions of other people live lives where freedom, justice, morality and human rights matter.

Are we talking about Musk or Trump now?  

53 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Not cool Mexico. 

If I didn't know better, i'd say that the Political class in Mexico's legendary resistance to corruption was being tested by Russian influence efforts. 

What's the context? Do they invite dozens of countries to march troops in their parade as part of the celebration? Or was Russia a special guest?

2 hours ago, chasfh said:

What's the context? Do they invite dozens of countries to march troops in their parade as part of the celebration? Or was Russia a special guest?

They are signifying that Mexico is ready to go full-on-throttle Fascist.

It's why Russia and China only marched along with Mexican troops in their parade.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

They are signifying that Mexico is ready to go full-on-throttle Fascist.

It's why Russia and China only marched along with Mexican troops in their parade.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Mexico Narco-terrorists will soon have Wagner support?  Nukes?  

3 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Quick scan of the big three: CNN, MSNBC and Fox not one mention of it. Yet illegal border crossings (which they are all covering) continue to swell, nothing to see here..... 

Its a real middle finger to the international community.  Screw the Mexican govt which has always been corrupt AF. 

Appears the Russians no longer have the resources to keep defending the Karabakh Armenian separatists. Azerbajani's reportedly have destroyed a  Russians base and the Russian have chosen to withdraw. 

Have also seen reports Russian is pulling artillery pieces out of Syria for deployment to Ukraine. And Russian state TV extolling the virtues of living like North Koreans to the population. And here we thought the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Appears the Russians no longer have the resources to keep defending the Karabakh Armenian separatists. Azerbajani's reportedly have destroyed a  Russians base and the Russian have chosen to withdraw. 

Have also seen reports Russian is pulling artillery pieces out of Syria for deployment to Ukraine. And Russian state TV extolling the virtues of living like North Koreans to the population. And here we thought the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991.

So the Russian population should now lose 50 kilos each and live on 1 piece of bread and 1 bowl of borscht per day?

Great plan Putin! ( /s)

As long as they have enough daily vodka for everyone...

Putin's impoverishment plan could work?

9 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/19/africa/ukraine-military-sudan-wagner-cmd-intl/index.html

While it's utterly absurd that the GOP is talking about bombing Mexico, I'm fairly confident most everyone here would have no problem if Ukraine did.  

Why hit in Sudan?  Try to force more troops there instead of the Ukrainian front?

That's one good possibility. There are some others as well. One would be that they were targeting a particular group or commander now in Sudan who was responsible for something previously in Ukraine. Another would be that they were attacking a Russian income source. And it was probably low risk/low cost, the Russian in Sudan probably weren't expecting to have to take on any well trained adversaries.

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

That's one good possibility. There are some others as well. One would be that they were targeting a particular group or commander now in Sudan who was responsible for something previously in Ukraine. Another would be that they were attacking a Russian income source. And it was probably low risk/low cost, the Russian in Sudan probably weren't expecting to have to take on any well trained adversaries.

they are going to be paying back grievances for Bucha and the stolen children and the terror bombing for a while. 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

they are going to be paying back grievances for Bucha and the stolen children and the terror bombing for a while. 

The SIMPLE answer is that Ukraine is going to take ANY, and ALL, opportunities to attack Russian interests... in any form, anywhere around the globe... as payback for the Russian Nazi's attempted genocide against them.