Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

The savvier among the so-called Third World countries have long been adept at playing off the US and whatever is the other big power (Soviets, China) to maximize their haul. 

Yeah, they need to be wary they don't completely alienate their new friends on the big stage. 

India hates Pakistan which is an ally of China.  India is wary of China and has been trying to join the anti-China alliance in the Indo Pacific region.   India has Russian legacy weapons systems.  India is a member of the Commonwealth and has family ties to the UK, Canada, Australia because of the Indian diaspora.   They are engaged in many business relationships now with UK companies that have them taking on the senior role in partnerships.   They should start acting more responsibly.  That Modi is a hindu nationalist jerk is also a thing. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

....  India is a member of the Commonwealth and has family ties to the UK, Canada, Australia because of the Indian diaspora. They are engaged in many business relationships now with UK companies that ...

The U.S. has a not insignificant Indian diaspora. At least 3 mill+ if not more. Heavy concentration here in Jersey and New York, I would guess California as well...

Lots of business relationships, call centers, software, pharmaceuticals, etc...

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

Nationalist jerk is definitely a thing.

Immediately after the election, with his legislative majority gone, there was talk he would pivot away from Hindu Nationalism. Be nice if that turns out to be true, but how often does a guy change his spots? And of course if he's hanging out with Putin that's another whole movement in a bad direction.

43 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

The U.S. has a not insignificant Indian diaspora. At least 3 mill+ if not more. Heavy concentration here in Jersey and New York, I would guess California as well...

Lots of business relationships, call centers, software, pharmaceuticals, etc...

Washington DC suburbs for sure.  The Loudon county cricket scene is fire.   The town of Ashburn is often called Ashburndesh which i giggle at. 

Edited by romad1

The Indian community in Detroit is growing rapidly.  Drive around Novi, Farmington Hills, and West Bloomfield on Sunday and take a look at the community baseball fields.   Cricket matches all day long.  

Edited by Hongbit

1 hour ago, Hongbit said:

The Indian community in Detroit is growing rapidly.  Drive around Novi, Farmington Hills, and West Bloomfield on Sunday and take a look at the community baseball fields.   Cricket matches all day long.  

My softball program has a lot of Indian girls who have dads who know cricket but not baseball/softball.  They go on to be some excellent athletes.  

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-t-90m-nato-poland-1932013

Well, moving pre-positioned supplies to Poland from Germany for a rapid deployment is a good step.  I understand that most of our stuff is in Romania and Poland and Germany is sort of the second/third echelon stuff that's just cheaper to keep there like the Landsthul/Ramstein hospital that many Iraq and Afghanistan wounded were treated.

Just now, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’m not sure what transphobia has to to do with Vlad, but okay. 

Putin is the stalwart defender of traditional values that our modern creepy globalist cucks don't like... He's bringing genocide back for instance.

7 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

I’m not sure what transphobia has to to do with Vlad, but okay. 

Vlad has been known to expound about the degeneracy of western society using acceptance of LGBT rights as his theme, while holding Russia up as true successor and protector of the Orthodox leadership mantle.

10 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Vlad has been known to expound about the degeneracy of western society using acceptance of LGBT rights as his theme, while holding Russia up as true successor and protector of the Orthodox leadership mantle.

Does this mean Tigeraholic agrees with Vlad on this, is I guess what I’m getting at. I’m not sure his angle in posting that here. 

6 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Does this mean Tigeraholic agrees with Vlad on this, is I guess what I’m getting at. I’m not sure his angle in posting that here. 

Sorry, you are correct. Wrong thread. I am glad Ukraine won a medal and really glad Russia can't compete.

Edited by Tigeraholic1