Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

Well...

That's not really rope-a-dope either...

Short on weapons = slowly losing ground...

Have weapons = Turn the tables.

It's a simple problem of adequate supplies, I would think...

That this involves a bunch of the most advanced units is interesting.

On 8/1/2024 at 8:34 AM, romad1 said:

I am not David Frum but we shared this thought.

Is Trump humble and/or conscious enough to contact Mr. Putin Sir so he can tell him what he needs to do to win the election just tell me and I’ll do it?

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Is Trump humble and/or conscious enough to contact Mr. Putin Sir so he can tell him what he needs to do to win the election just tell me and I’ll do it?

It will likely occur at a rally and/or on TV.    Putin does have a foreign army on his territory so he might up his offer of support because its the fastest route to victory over NATO and the United States. 

3 minutes ago, romad1 said:

It will likely occur at a rally and/or on TV.    Putin does have a foreign army on his territory so he might up his offer of support because its the fastest route to victory over NATO and the United States. 

Yeah, don’t take any calls from the capo, just send an emissary to create distance and plausible deniability, as well as add to the mystique. Not just a baller gangster move—a baller Don move.

to some degree, Putin's original hand with Trump has played out. A lot of the Russian influencers/influenced people that were circling Trump's orbit in 2016 are either discredited, went to jail, or hightailed it back to mother Russia. Putin is still all in on the disinformation game, and Putin's draw remains as beacon in Trump's projection of himself into a more powerful status, but I wonder if Vladdy has nearly as many voices whispering directly in Trump's ears as he had been able to place there before '16

Edited by gehringer_2

Someone in Hollywood needs to make the Mrs Miniver for the Ukrainian war.  I realize propaganda only goes so far but...the documentaries are hard hitting and all,  but the narrative is strong for a positive film to lay out the human tragedy that is ongoing. 

51 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Key phrase "Exchange Fund"

You wonder what the long-range plan is?  That is it.  Take Russian territory and bargain for Ukrainian territory to end the war. 

IMO...

If Ukraine were smart, they'd make a hard right with all their Kursk troops and equipment and march south into Belgorod Oblast; destroying all Russian military troops and equipment that they can. They would then be: slamming into Russia's right flank of Russian invading forces nearing Kharkiv. They could stay far enough away from Belgorod City... But if they took those invading forces by surprise, they could clear out Russian forces away from Kharkiv, take oodles of prisoners, destroy men and equipment all along the way... A further massive embarrassment for Putin and it relieves Ukraine's second largest city from the current Russian threat...

IMO...