Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

32 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

This is false-flagging at an extremely intense level.  Dozens of false flags, as far away as the Chinese border.  Savvy.

I don't know if we will ever find out exactly what is going on but pretty high stakes stuff. Do you suppose the Ukrainians have been able to plant networks all over Russia? Seems far fetched, but then again if the intelligence services are as inept as the army, who knows? Or maybe an indigenous network of Russian revolutionaries taking form? Or maybe also just increasing accidents are the evidence of an imploding society. The explosion at the power plant out in the Pacific East is a particular head scratcher. Even if the Ukrainians had the reach, it would a pointless application of resources. But that's also the kind of thing where brain drain could easily lead to explosive incompetence. Utility boilers are actually quite easy to blow up once you have enough people around them that don't know what they are doing. Something as superficially trivial as lack of routine attention to the feedwater system will do it every time. Just the kind of 'who cares about the maintenance' thing that appears to have become endemic in the Russian state.

Edited by gehringer_2

2 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

This is false-flagging at an extremely intense level.  Dozens of false flags, as far away as the Chinese border.  Savvy.

I know you've been trained to expect false flags, but don't go crazy into thinking every possible thing that happens is a false flag.  My guess is we have a slew of legitimate reasons for some of the things we've seen out of Russia, some of which could possibly be false flags.

18 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I know you've been trained to expect false flags, but don't go crazy into thinking every possible thing that happens is a false flag.  My guess is we have a slew of legitimate reasons for some of the things we've seen out of Russia, some of which could possibly be false flags.

I understand that Putin is certainly a master of lies and double speak who does Orwell proud, and there is plenty of reason to believe he has undertaken false flags in the past, even terrible ones like the apartment bombing that bootstrapped Russia into the Chechen war, but I would think there is some difference today. At this point this is 'Putin's Russia' - he has reached  "L'Etat c'est a moi" status in his own mind. So more than in the past false flag accidents/attacks inside Russia  reflect on his leadership a lot more than they did back in the Chechen war period when he hadn't been in power so long. So from a vanity argument, I would have a little more doubt that Putin would be as enthused about damaging FF operations inside Russia. But surely, he is so off the reservation now that who knows?

Edited by gehringer_2

52 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

I was being sarcastic, there is no way that Putin is orchestrating all that and there is also no way that the Ukrainians are doing much of it.  It is most likely a heavy dose of sabotage, mixed with some incompetence and poor maintenance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't know if we will ever find out exactly what is going on but pretty high stakes stuff. Do you suppose the Ukrainians have been able to plant networks all over Russia? Seems far fetched, but then again if the intelligence services are as inept as the army, who knows? Or maybe an indigenous network of Russian revolutionaries taking form? Or maybe also just increasing accidents are the evidence of an imploding society. The explosion at the power plant out in the Pacific East is a particular head scratcher. Even if the Ukrainians had the reach, it would a pointless application of resources. But that's also the kind of thing where brain drain could easily lead to explosive incompetence. Utility boilers are actually quite easy to blow up once you have enough people around them that don't know what they are doing. Something as superficially trivial as lack of routine attention to the feedwater system will do it every time. Just the kind of 'who cares about the maintenance' thing that appears to have become endemic in the Russian state.

Latest polls aside (showing Vlad with high approval ratings), if there are regions of vulnerability within Russia from a popularity perspective, the Far East would be high on that list. There were some anti-government protests in Khabarovsk back in 2020, iirc, and one would imagine that owing to it's high level of poverty compared to the rest of the country, the sacrifices of this war probably far more greatly on them than in other regions (especially in the European portion of the country). Not to mention it's isolation from the halls of power.

I don't know the cause of the fire at the power plant, of course, but uprisings in the east wouldn't be surprising either.

1 hour ago, Jim Cowan said:

I was being sarcastic, there is no way that Putin is orchestrating all that and there is also no way that the Ukrainians are doing much of it.  It is most likely a heavy dose of sabotage, mixed with some incompetence and poor maintenance.

The poor maintenance piece makes some sense, and could theoretically be aided by sanctions as well.

Maintenance is hard when you can't get parts.

Edited by mtutiger