Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

56 minutes ago, Archie said:

Zimmerman was prosecuted so there was a trial where evidence and facts were presented.   Nice try twisting crap to fit your line but better luck next time.

You stated the principle well before you crapped the bed in the Zimmerman discussion

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

correct data, but that isn't the spin I would give it. It's standard Russian operation procedure to try to beat a civilian population into submission when the probability of winning on the battlefield starts to waver. And Putin is more than glad to go that route because we have to remember that he draws his understanding of state morality in a straight line from Genghis Khan. All decisions have complex antecedents, but I would guess this fact figures higher in Putin's decisions right now that whatever he is thinking about the US. It can also be read as sign of relative desperation because the last thing his generals want is to give the West a real world look at his best/most secret capabilities.

No shit.

The Russian way of war existed long before Biden was even born, let alone became President.

Just now, romad1 said:

it’s a cui bono situation.  It helps Ukraine to put that out there.  I doubt the KGB trained albeit paranoid Putin would fall for that. 

It might help temper future support for Ukraine if Western leaders are worried about offending the future coup plotters 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 12:46 PM, Archie said:

It doesn't change the fact that Biden is extremely weak and Putin takes advantage of that.

Why do you keep saying that Biden is weak with respect to foreign policy?  Do you have something to back it up or is it just a MAGA talking point?

Somebody's short memory forgets Trump at Helsinki when he walked out with Putin looking a lot like an abused spouse.

When Trump was around Putin he rolled on his back like a puppy looking for belly rubs and got his ass kicked. Trump would have remained neutral on Ukraine until he got a few favors, and then would have undermined NATO. At the very least he'd be doing what we're seeing from Isreal.

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

Why do you keep saying that Biden is weak with respect to foreign policy?  Do you have something to back it up or is it just a MAGA talking point?

It's a general statement, not meant to be backed by evidence, that encapsulates how difficult it is to hit Biden on this when what the administration is doing (ie. Supplying weapons to Ukraine while staying out of the war) is where 80+% of the population is on this question.

That's the frustrating thing to me... I will say that criticisms about, say, not providing MiGs seem fair to me. Even if one disagrees or thinks that it risks a wider conflict.

Just saying "Biden is weak because, of course, Biden is weak" is... a pretty weak argument.

Edited by mtutiger

1 minute ago, mtutiger said:

It's a general statement, not meant to be backed by evidence, that encapsulates how difficult it is to hit Biden on this when what the administration is doing (ie. Supplying weapons to Ukraine while staying out of the war) is where 80+% of the population is on this question.

That's the frustrating thing to me... I will say that criticisms about, say, not providing MiGs seem fair to me. Even if one disagrees or thinks that it risks a wider conflict.

Just saying "Biden is weak because, of course, Biden is weak" is... a pretty weak argument.

It isn’t an argument it’s wish casting 

• Like 1

I also think that MAGAs believe that Trump would have threatened Putin with nukes and Putin would have backed down like a scared puppy as if this is some kind of TV show.  Trump would not have courage to seriously confront him like that and Putin isn't scared of him anyway. Probably, the reverse is true.