Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Trump wouldn't have done shit with Putin invading Ukraine except cheer him on.

He's nothing but a boot-licking full-of-hot-air (actually, horseshit) gasbag that would have bent over for Vladimir.

A scumbag fascist, an enemy of Democracy.

That's what Trump and his Putin-loving supporters are.

20 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Trump wouldn't have done shit with Putin invading Ukraine except cheer him on.

He's nothing but a boot-licking full-of-hot-air (actually, horseshit) gasbag that would have bent over for Vladimir.

A scumbag fascist, an enemy of Democracy.

That's what Trump and his Putin-loving supporters are.

You're infatuated with President Donald J. Trump and its not healthy.  Actually you have no idea what he would have done in this situation.  Trump stood up to Iran and islamic terrorists and that's more than any dem POTUS has done in a while.  They were too busy sending Iran cash and freeing islamic terrorists.

15 minutes ago, Archie said:

You're infatuated with President Donald J. Trump and its not healthy.  Actually you have no idea what he would have done in this situation.  Trump stood up to Iran and islamic terrorists and that's more than any dem POTUS has done in a while.  They were too busy sending Iran cash and freeing islamic terrorists.

like UBL?

• Like 1

Max Boot said on Maher that if Trump were president, Putin would not have had to invade Ukraine because Trump was a fifth column in the White House undermining America from within. Trump would have pulled us out of NATO, and with us off the table, it would have been a lot easier for Russia to just pressure their way in a la Crimea.

It’s really because of Biden that Zelenskyy is emboldened in the fight. Without the US, Ukraine would have been cooked by now.

• Like 1

Just now, chasfh said:

Max Boot said on Maher that if Trump were president, Putin would not have had to invade Ukraine because Trump was a fifth column in the White House undermining America from within. Trump would have pulled us out of NATO, and with us off the table, it would have been a lot easier for Russia to just pressure their way in a la Crimea.

It’s really because of Biden that Zelenskyy is emboldened in the fight. Without the US, Ukraine would have been cooked by now.

Biden’s response has been extremely skillful.  Nothing but respect for Blinken, Sullivan Burns and Austin

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Plus one more.

39 minutes ago, Archie said:

Actually you have no idea what he would have done in this situation. 

What we do know is this: (1)Trump has been praising and enabling Putin for six years.  (2) Trump was pushing to end NATO.  That doesn't sound like someone confronting Putin.  

9 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

What we do know is this: (1)Trump has been praising and enabling Putin for six years.  (2) Trump was pushing to end NATO.  That doesn't sound like someone confronting Putin.  

John Bolton noted that Trump was pushing his nat security team to withdraw from NATO

I want to point this out.

Its from a couple days ago.  The level of Air Force activity for all NATO countries is really high right now.  Collective security is rocking and rolling.   We normally have a level of fighter cap over Poland and Romania that is more than the entire day's worth of Russian sorties into Ukraine.  WE COULD CLEAN THEIR CLOCKS.   I really do not want a nuclear sunburn however.

4 hours ago, Archie said:

Trump stood up to Iran and islamic terrorists and that's more than any dem POTUS has done in a while.  

Trump regarded Ukrainian sovereignty so much that he blackmailed Ukraine's current leader with the same Javelins that are currently being used to defend Ukrainian sovereignty.

So its safe to say that Trump wouldn't have done shit here.

12 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

No clue if this has any legs but…

So lots of (possibly) conflicting thoughts on this.  1) is this Ukraine's intelligence, or ours?  2) If it's legit intelligence, why leak it? make him feel uneasy?  3) if it's not legit, seems more likely it's to make him feel uneasy.  

4 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

So lots of (possibly) conflicting thoughts on this.  1) is this Ukraine's intelligence, or ours?  2) If it's legit intelligence, why leak it? make him feel uneasy?  3) if it's not legit, seems more likely it's to make him feel uneasy.  

I don't see how it works. There are only two ways to remove Putin, the Army, or a bullet. Hard to imagine anyone left close enough to him with the courage to kill him, and the Russian army? Has never been their style.

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I don't see how it works. There are only two ways to remove Putin, the Army, or a bullet. Hard to imagine anyone left close enough to him with the courage to kill him, and the Russian army? Has never been their style.

The FSB has no issues going after anyone, anywhere.  If someone with enough clout says it's time and convinces the right people, it's done.  Obviously, those in charge are pro-Putin for the most part and even those that disagree, are certainly not at a level of disagreement we are at.  

5 hours ago, ewsieg said:

The FSB has no issues going after anyone, anywhere.  If someone with enough clout says it's time and convinces the right people, it's done.  Obviously, those in charge are pro-Putin for the most part and even those that disagree, are certainly not at a level of disagreement we are at.  

Those FSB guys even arranged for both Mens and Women's BB teams facing Villanova!

I don't know how loyal or disloyal Russian intel services are to their master.  I think the Trump presidency is a good model for how loyalty works with a paranoid.  They talk on deep background to stabilize their post-regime reputations but they never congeal around any definitive action.   Those who step out get quickly isolated and crushed in a public way.  In Putin's regime they often fell out of windows. 

BTW, the dirty pool guys in Russian intel are the GRU who used nerve agent in the UK on the Skripals. 

13 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I don't know how much I trust Bolton, but didn't Kelly say something similar? 

Numerous reports like this surfaced.  He was very outspoken on member NATO countries (most of them) that weren't paying their commited rate on defense spending.  It was a valid complaint.  I don't think he would have been so anti-NATO if it wasn't for that.  With that though, Putin saw his move and i'm sure some of those private conversations he had with Trump he pointed out just how 'unfair' that was. 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Those FSB guys even arranged for both Mens and Women's BB teams facing Villanova!

I don't know how loyal or disloyal Russian intel services are to their master.  I think the Trump presidency is a good model for how loyalty works with a paranoid.  They talk on deep background to stabilize their post-regime reputations but they never congeal around any definitive action.   Those who step out get quickly isolated and crushed in a public way.  In Putin's regime they often fell out of windows. 

BTW, the dirty pool guys in Russian intel are the GRU who used nerve agent in the UK on the Skripals. 

It seems to me it would be super difficult to pull off an effective assassination of Putin that results in a smooth transition to a pro-Western regime which would immediately halt the invasion and then re-ingratiate Russia to the established world order, which would essentially cede whatever remains of Russia's position as a world power to reckon with. Hard to imagine how any cabal could get close enough to Putin's inner circle and still carry that sort of secret desire and will all the way to the top like that.

30 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Numerous reports like this surfaced.  He was very outspoken on member NATO countries (most of them) that weren't paying their commited rate on defense spending.  It was a valid complaint.  I don't think he would have been so anti-NATO if it wasn't for that.  With that though, Putin saw his move and i'm sure some of those private conversations he had with Trump he pointed out just how 'unfair' that was. 

I think the complaint on the 2% was a cover. 

Trump is an isolationist and truly wants out of NATO, International agreements/ conflicts/ etc...

At least that's my opinion...