Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

https://www.looper.com/191828/the-real-reason-steven-seagal-is-banned-from-snl/#:~:text=In what seemed to be a bizarre misunderstanding,Then%2C he clumsily kicked the two caricatures' asses.

The overarching joke throughout all the sketches seemed to be a simple one: Steven Seagal is awesome, and everything else is stupid. The game cast tried to make the best of it all, perhaps hoping that Seagal's skits would serve as a humorous meta-commentary on the man himself; it didn't work. The whole episode was just one long, strained, painfully unfunny illustration of Seagal's complete lack of self-awareness, unfailing tendency to massage his own ego, and total failure to grasp even the most basic tenets of televised sketch comedy.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/191828/the-real-reason-steven-seagal-is-banned-from-snl/#:~:text=In what seemed to be a bizarre misunderstanding,Then%2C he clumsily kicked the two caricatures' asses.?utm_campaign=clip

You have to say that if nothing else, Arnold was self-aware.

Edited by romad1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

whut?  Arnold Schwarzenegger has had how many open heart surgeries and Steven Seagal is a mushroom of a bloated lard ass. 

I would put my money on Arnie if they were both in their 30s and 40s though.

Are you saying what about the Silva part? 

I am not fully sure if Arnold has had fighting training.  If he hasn't, I'm taking Segal at any age.   

1 hour ago, pfife said:

I am not fully sure if Arnold has had fighting training.  If he hasn't, I'm taking Segal at any age.   

Supposedly Segal's martial arts prowess was bona fide at some point. But it really doesn't matter how good you were at something if you get old and fat and stop training. Now we know the 1st two apply to Segal, but I guess without 1st hand knowledge he would have to get some benefit of the doubt on the third, though even a number of years ago in some pieces of his later films I've seen they choreographed his 'fight' scenes around him being pretty much immobile.  🥷 

4 hours ago, pfife said:

Basically we are arguing over a man with a supple brain and an incredible will to power against a guy who thinks Putin is the bee's knees.  If that mattered at all.  In any conflict, I'll take the smarter man.

• Haha 1

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KeenWeakFrilledlizard-size_restricted.gif

The IC is being blamed for some sort of failure when it had thus far been superb in identifying what was going to happen.  The fact that it did provide strategic and tactical warning has prevented the worst of what could have happened and allowed Biden's team to rally the civilized world against Russia. 

Edited by romad1

11 hours ago, romad1 said:

Basically we are arguing over a man with a supple brain and an incredible will to power against a guy who thinks Putin is the bee's knees.  If that mattered at all.  In any conflict, I'll take the smarter man.

lol totally

who would win in a fight, Ponch or John

On 3/21/2022 at 12:28 PM, ewsieg said:

To me, sounds like just more excuses, which i'm sure Trump and many others are just tired of hearing.

NATO spending for Trump was a lot like NATO membership for Ukraine was for Putin... a pretext to follow through on a long-held misguided world view.

I think pushing NATO members to spend more on collective defense is good (Vladimir Vladimirovich has accomplished that more successfully than any POTUS has), but Trump, through his own words and actions, never understood that the money that the United States puts in isn't just giving money away... that we actually benefit from spreading our influence. 

My own view is he would have pulled out. And that, as nature abhors a vacuum, others (ie. China) would have stepped in to fill the void. Because, at best, he's an idiot who doesn't understand how American influence works.

Edited by mtutiger

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

NATO spending for Trump was a lot like NATO membership for Ukraine was for Putin... a pretext. 

I think pushing NATO members to spend more on collective defense is good, but Trump, through his own words and actions, never understood that the money that the United States puts in isn't just giving money away... that we actually benefit from spreading our influence. 

My own view is he would have pulled out. And that, as nature abhors a vacuum, others (ie. China) would have stepped in to fill the void. Because, at best, he's an idiot who doesn't understand how American influence works.

The ideal scenario is that the EU would figure its own thing out.  Russia was spending a lot on politicians though. 

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The ideal scenario is that the EU would figure its own thing out.  Russia was spending a lot on politicians though. 

I think that just got flushed down the toilet along with the rest of Russia's international influence.

Even though there are still a few PAID Russian Stooges in the west like MTG, Galloway, Tucker Carlson, Tulsi Gabbard, etc...

It's gonna go out of style right damn quick. Thank Zeus.

PS: To put that more explicitly, If I'm running for office against any of Putin's western political apologists, I'm straight up calling them "Bought and Paid for by Vladimir Putin". "You're obviously a Russian Stooge". I think any accusation like that that sticks in a campaign, is an auto-lose for Putin's Russian Stooges.

10 hours ago, mtutiger said:

I missed this from earlier, but Belarus invading seems like a shaky proposition for Lukashenko

Overthrow Luka (by the Byelorussian people...) and immediately request admittance into the EU and NATO...

Joined by Sweden and Finland requesting entry into NATO...

Putin would blow a gasket.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

I was never a fan of JBJ but I enjoy that he's weighing in.  Meanwhile Kid Rock is sidling up with Putin.

Bon Jovi bores me to tears, I hate them.

Funny story...

About 15 years ago, a Marketing girl (only 23 I think, at the time) about 20 years my junior is leaving the company for a better job offer. Everyone is hanging out at a bar just having a drink or two at a table and somehow she's directly to my left, next to her boyfriend. She's going on and on about how much she loves 80's music and, in particular, Bon Jovi.

I, on the other hand, am ripping Bon Jovi apart: regurgitated weak-kneed insipid pop rock that I've heard 1,000 times before by better bands than Bon Jovi, etc., etc., etc.

This goes on for most of the time I was there. She wasn't very pleased with my ripping on them. She even had a depressing look of annoyance on her face. I couldn't stop though, Bon Jovi sucks, and she couldn't talk me out of that, defending them as bravely as she could. But after a socially correct drink or two, I stand up, wish her a successful and happy career, etc... 

And then belt out several lines of Livin' on a Prayer, loudly, including the higher pitched chorus... Almost the entire bar started "whooping", the table bursts out in laughter...

She nearly fell out of her chair, hysterical(ly laughing).

A quick hug, "good luck", exit stage left. 

Edited by 1984Echoes

37 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Bon Jovi bores me to tears, I hate them.

Funny story...

About 15 years ago, a Marketing girl (only 23 I think, at the time) about 20 years my junior is leaving the company for a better job offer. Everyone is hanging out at a bar just having a drink or two at a table and somehow she's directly to my left, next to her boyfriend. She's going on and on about how much she loves 80's music and, in particular, Bon Jovi.

I, on the other hand, am ripping Bon Jovi apart: regurgitated weak-kneed insipid pop rock that I've heard 1,000 times before by better bands than Bon Jovi, etc., etc., etc.

This goes on for most of the time I was there. She wasn't very pleased with my ripping on them. She even had a depressing look of annoyance on her face. I couldn't stop though, Bon Jovi sucks, and she couldn't talk me out of that, defending them as bravely as she could. But after a socially correct drink or two, I stand up, wish her a successful and happy career, etc... 

And then belt out several lines of Livin' on a Prayer, loudly, including the higher pitched chorus... Almost the entire bar started "whooping", the table bursts out in laughter...

She nearly fell out of her chair, hysterical(ly laughing).

A quick hug, "good luck", exit stage left. 

What annoys me most about his music is the corporately social acceptability of it.   Rock music which was born of rebellion used to create fascistic anthems.   Then again, art can be whatever art wants to be.  Its all about creating reaction.  In fine art its designed to get rich people to think they are significant and in pop art its all about getting poor people to feel a little bit of anything that will get them to distribute their limited wealth on a mass scale.

I have a better idea than just "locking down" or "freezing" Russian assets held by US Banks and other US entities:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senators-discuss-freezing-russian-gold-002710655.html

Confiscate all those assets, gold and otherwise. That includes all these oligarchic mega-yachts. 

And transfer ownership of all of those assets over to the Ukrainian Government as war reparations. For Russia's extensive war crimes.

That should be fun...!