Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

10 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Disagree. If he knows he's a goner, a dead duck, I think he pushes the button on the way out.

We've had this debate before, but I don't think Trump is smart enough for that level of psychopathy.  The danger with him is that he might be too stupid to understand the consequences of his actions.  I sometimes think he doesn't distinguish between fantasy and reality.  

Edited by Tiger337

1 minute ago, Tiger337 said:

We've had this debate before, but I don't think Trump is smart enough for that level of psychopathy.  

I think attempting to push the button to destroy the world simply because if he can't win, then nobody wins, is the opposite of smart.

5 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think attempting to push the button to destroy the world simply because if he can't win, then nobody wins, is the opposite of smart.

No, I mean most psychopaths are usually very smart in a twisted sort of way. They are typically sly and intelligent to the point where nobody would guess what's on their mind.  I don't think Trump would be smart enough to ever reach the point you posed in your scenario.  He can only fantasize about such things.  So, I guess it's hard for me to imagine what he'd do in that situation.    

Edited by Tiger337

actually, sanctuary for Putin is somewhere the Chinese might be able to make themselves useful. It seems doubtful Putin would go, but that's probably based more on the image he projects for himself than his reality. In the end most of these guys don't actually have the personal courage to stand their ground till death.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

No, I mean most psychopaths are usually very smart in a twisted sort of way. They are typically sly and intelligent to the point where nobody would guess what's on their mind.  I don't think Trump would be smart enough to ever reach the point you posed in your scenario.  He can only fantasize about such things.  So, I guess it's hard for me to imagine what he'd do in that situation.    

I suppose the flip side could be that if the shit comes down on him and the jig is up, he could be a sniveling fool who crawls into a fetal position in the corner and begs for his life. That probably comports with how most people view him in the end, or at least would like to. Does he think there's a ghost of a chance he could find a way out, or does he thinks there's no way out and only death awaits him?

This speculation all depends, of course, on whether there is ever a jig to even be up. The more likely end for him , I think, is that he remains a free man, indeed an ex-President of the United States with all the privileges that entails, continues to build on his ill-gotten billions, and eventually dies in the technical good graces of the law and the country. I'd like to be proven wrong on that.

20 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I suppose the flip side could be that if the shit comes down on him and the jig is up, he could be a sniveling fool who crawls into a fetal position in the corner and begs for his life. That probably comports with how most people view him in the end, or at least would like to. Does he think there's a ghost of a chance he could find a way out, or does he thinks there's no way out and only death awaits him?

This speculation all depends, of course, on whether there is ever a jig to even be up. The more likely end for him , I think, is that he remains a free man, indeed an ex-President of the United States with all the privileges that entails, continues to build on his ill-gotten billions, and eventually dies in the technical good graces of the law and the country. I'd like to be proven wrong on that.

I don't think you'll be wrong on that.  He won't be remembered well in history, but I don't think there will be a definitive conclusion.   

Edited by Tiger337