Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

49 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Is complicated for Russia to take back so many dead

second reference I've seen to the Russians leaving their dead behind. I bet that does wonders for Morale.

Then again, since the poor conscripts may actually trust the Ukrainians to have more respect than their own commanders.....

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

second reference I've seen to the Russians leaving their dead behind. I bet that does wonders for Morale.

Then, since the poor conscripts may actually trust the Ukrainians to have more respect than their own commanders.....

One hopes the Ukrainians did not shoot POWs like the recent incident suggests.  The Russians would be sure to flag that for all.  

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

One hopes the Ukrainians did not shoot POWs like the recent incident suggests.  The Russians would be sure to flag that for all.  

well, war is hell. We have journals that my dad wrote in WWII in the pacific that he didn't send because of the censors that shed a little light on why there weren't some Japanese POWs taken in that war.....

Edited by gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The most compelling video from this war is that one from about 3 weeks ago, the Russian kid who had surrendered.  He was crying, in the midst of civilians who had given him some food and some tea, and a phone so that he could call his mom.  That is the lasting image of Ukraine in this war.  

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

The most compelling video from this war is that one from about 3 weeks ago, the Russian kid who had surrendered.  He was crying, in the midst of civilians who had given him some food and some tea, and a phone so that he could call his mom.  That is the lasting image of Ukraine in this war.  

Reminds me of the movie Gandhi when the campaign was at its most disruptive to the Raj and some incident occurred in which rioters slaughtered a police station.  Nehru, Jinnah and Gandhi are all declaiming the incident because they knew the British were going to paste it all over their papers.   

42 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Then again, since the poor conscripts may actually trust the Ukrainians to have more respect than their own commanders.....

It's to hide dead Russian bodies from their Russian Mama's.

They need to bury all the Russian bodies in a single graveyard, the "Russian Invaders Burial Ground", with 15,000 graves so all the Russian Babushkas can come and visit/ pay respect to their dead sons. Along with their families, widows, etc...

This will go over very well back home....

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

what war (me) are you talking about, what's (ME) really important(ME!), here is (ME ME ME!) is that we keep (ME ME ME!) the dems in check (ME!)

I told my wife and kids about that story with the announcement that i was about to tell them something that they will not be surprised by but will scream when you hear it.