Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

6 hours ago, 1776 said:

I have thought the same thing recently. These people are fighting for survival with every resource they have. Is the West willing to allow Russia to take Ukraine while the world watches the slaughter of innocents? Putin doesn’t care about his own people. Sanctions don’t move the needle with him. He’s not going to suffer. 

In the Name of Humanity:

Declare War on Russia.

That's what happened after Srebrenica (against Serbia).

I see no difference/ reason to equivocate.

13 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Watching video from Trostyanets now, and I had not heard this before - indignity to human remains.  Fighting-age men with their hands tied behind their backs, executed gangland-style, pants pulled down, with human excrement on their remains.

Putin did not do that.  Individual Russians did that.

I find myself more and more thinking that it is time for NATO to step up its game.

And this is the reason why/ amongst many other war crimes.

(PS: those were Wagner Mercenaries - Russian mercs with no respect for anyone/ anything)

On 4/8/2022 at 8:52 PM, romad1 said:

Putin must be getting more delusional by the day. A generation ago the US ran a military buildup that bankrupted the CCCP pretty much by itself. How does he think he has the resources to compete with an energized EU and US upping the competition together when the GDP differences have only grown? Plus the 40 millions of the Ukraine plus any resources of Kazahkstan removed from the strength of the old CCCP. The raw economics of it don't make any sense. Does he think the Chinese are going to carry his water? Even if Xi is willing, Putin would be consigning himself to vassal status. That would sure do wonders for the glory of Russian Christian Imperialism wouldn't it? Not to mention I have trouble seeing the Chinese signing on to underwrite Putin's pseudo fascist version of Russian Christian Orthodoxy! Just a slight philosophical disconnect there with the Chinese leviathan that's tries to stamp out activist religion of any kind where-ever it rears its head.

Plus you have to wonder if Russia stated costing China serious money how long Xi would be able to keep himself in power, let alone Putin.

https://www.politico.eu/article/nato-jens-stoltenberg-military-presence-eastern-border-army-ukraine-russia-war/

We need to have a permanent US heavy division or even a corp of troops.  UK, Germany, France and other Northern Europe countries need to add another division or two of troops to Baltics/Poland.  Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Balkan states need to add a corp to Romania. 

This needs to be a permanent change of station for US troops so we put our best foot forward.  

16 hours ago, romad1 said:

Appears Macron is safe.  This is the biggest of big deals. 

Need to see how Round 2 voting shakes out.

Melanchon going out and telling his supporters that Le Pen shouldn't get a single vote from his supporters in Round 2 is a big deal tho.... he kinda dragged his heels last time.

41 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Shit when it lies to other shit, says that its full of Seagal. 

He must have saw what Gerard Depardieu is being threatened with for daring to question the Putin line

(Or he's just a terrible human being)

Edited by mtutiger