Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

yes - as per above - Russian navy has confirmed fire on board, claims it was an ammunition accident. Riiiiiiight.

If the strike is confirmed, it would suggest that Ukraine's anti-ship missile inventory is capable of penetrating heavy air defenses. Among Soviet-era vessels, Moskva is the hardest of targets, possessing three fire-control radars, two search radars, two heavy antiaircraft cannons, six 30mm CIWS cannons, 20 short-range surface-to-air missiles and 64 long-range air defense missiles. 

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/ukraine-claims-to-have-struck-the-flagship-of-russia-s-black-sea-fleet

Edited by gehringer_2

So even if you take the Russians at their word, they've just been forced to use a claim of one kind of incompetence to try to head off reporting of the fact of another.

Also, as per the Russians (not the Ukrainians), the crew has abandoned ship. Not, "the crew is on board putting out the fire", or "the crew is restoring the situation to normal". Naval crews generally abandon ships that are going to sink.

https://news.usni.org/2022/04/13/russian-navy-confirms-severe-damage-to-black-sea-cruiser-moskva-crew-abandoned-ship

Edited by gehringer_2

Come on everybody, Zelenskyy is the Leader of The Free World.  Listen to him, and do exactly what he tells you to do.  This means you Blinken, understand your role, you are subordinate to Zelenskyy.  Obey Zelenskyy's commands and deliver to him everything that he needs, he shouldn't have to shame you into doing it. 

Russia was a nuclear threat a month ago, before a whole bunch of generals got killed and a whole bunch more got replaced and a whole bunch of old KGB guys got imprisoned.  If Putin gave the nuclear order today, would it be carried out, or would it be the last straw before a military coup?  Is Putin still a nuclear threat?  I don't think so. 

A month ago I wanted to avoid a military conflict at all costs, but now I think with every day that passes that Putin does not have a nuclear option.  So I say to you, the United States, obey your leader, Zelenskyy, and move in the NATO weapons and personnel to kick the living shit out of the Russians because there isn't a thing that they can do about it.

But that is just me and how I have evolved over the past month.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

Come on everybody, Zelenskyy is the Leader of The Free World.  Listen to him, and do exactly what he tells you to do.  This means you Blinken, understand your role, you are subordinate to Zelenskyy.  Obey Zelenskyy's commands and deliver to him everything that he needs, he shouldn't have to shame you into doing it. 

Russia was a nuclear threat a month ago, before a whole bunch of generals got killed and a whole bunch more got replaced and a whole bunch of old KGB guys got imprisoned.  If Putin gave the nuclear order today, would it be carried out, or would it be the last straw before a military coup?  Is Putin still a nuclear threat?  I don't think so. 

A month ago I wanted to avoid a military conflict at all costs, but now I think with every day that passes that Putin does not have a nuclear option.  So I say to you, the United States, obey your leader, Zelenskyy, and move in the NATO weapons and personnel to kick the living shit out of the Russians because there isn't a thing that they can do about it.

But that is just me and how I have evolved over the past month.

All of this true, and why I now call him the "Paper Czar"

The West has to stop being led around by the nose by this guy. All of the threats seem empty... he's still selling gas in Euros, he's backing off nukes, etc. His vaunted military has underperformed on just about every metric. 

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

All of this true, and why I now call him the "Paper Czar"

The West has to stop being led around by the nose by this guy. All of the threats seem empty... he's still selling gas in Euros, he's backing off nukes, etc. His vaunted military has underperformed on just about every metric. 

As admirable as Zelensky has been.  He is not the leader of the free world.  

• Like 1