Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Does Putin really think he can ramp up the murders to get onto the same plane as Stalin?  Really?  Putin is garbage, does he really think that tens of thousands of ruthless murders of innocent people will get him up there on the pantheon with Stalin?  There's no chance.  At his current murder rate Putin would have to live for about 400 years.  But we are blessed here to have breathless daily updates from a Putinchik about how the murders are progressing.  These are not military exercises.  They are murders.  War crimes.  Punishable by death.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ukraine is not taking back Crimea anytime soon. Ukraine feel very entitled to planes, tax payer money, etc.

We will get the F-16. It is a matter of time ... I think that this decision by the United States will be related to the outcome of the [Ukrainian] counteroffensive, - Foreign minister

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/02/ukraine-war-live-updates-latest-news-on-russia-and-the-war-in-ukraine.html

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Clearly more signs of victory for the Russians.

Based on some of the leaked documents, it sounds like we're more concerned about Ukraine being able to keep up a force than we are with Russia, which is believed to be larger today than it was when this war started.  That said, once conscription starts hitting more of your urban population (Putin's non-base, if you will), things could get interesting.

Edited by ewsieg
said 'base' instead of 'non-base in error.

I know I'll sound like a Russian agent by posting this, but this is exactly why 'just give them anything they want for as long as they can fight' has it's drawbacks.  I want them to win, but let's not pretend there are no risks involved for us and our allies.

https://news.yahoo.com/russian-jet-almost-shot-down-135537698.html

I consider myself as a bit of a news junkie, odd to me that I'm just seeing this now.  

7 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Based on some of the leaked documents, it sounds like we're more concerned about Ukraine being able to keep up a force than we are with Russia, which is believed to be larger today than it was when this war started.  That said, once conscription starts hitting more of your urban population (Putin's non-base, if you will), things could get interesting.

Espionage is not whistleblowing and the documents were heavily modified by Russia.

Edited by romad1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Espionage is not whistleblowing and the documents were heavily modified by Russia.

We need to get a 'state run media' insignia for you.  I simply stated that they were leaked, I did not say whistleblower.  Leaking documents does not translate to whistleblower.

As for modified, I'm absolutely confident enemies of the state modified some to blur the lines of what is and is not real.  There is legitimate reporting, mostly out of European media as US media is still all 'Rah rah, war is great!', that has talked about concerns out of Ukraine in recruiting more folks even before the leaked documents were found.

15 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

We need to get a 'state run media' insignia for you.  I simply stated that they were leaked, I did not say whistleblower.  Leaking documents does not translate to whistleblower.

As for modified, I'm absolutely confident enemies of the state modified some to blur the lines of what is and is not real.  There is legitimate reporting, mostly out of European media as US media is still all 'Rah rah, war is great!', that has talked about concerns out of Ukraine in recruiting more folks even before the leaked documents were found.

I don’t appreciate the reference to these as leaks. I find it offensive.

Kremlin Says Putin Survived Overnight Assassination Attempt

The Russian presidential administration said Wednesday that the Kremlin was attacked by drones overnight in an attempt on President Vladimir Putin’s life.

The Kremlin, describing the incident as a “planned terrorist attack” and “assassination attempt on the president of Russia,” is now threatening to take “retaliatory measures.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/kremlin-says-putin-survived-overnight-114602738.html?

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

I don’t appreciate the reference to these as leaks. I find it offensive.

You hate referencing them to what they are?  Nothing is offensive about the term.  Spies can steal and leak documents, the DoD routinely (and hopefully at the direction of the WH meaning it's legal) leaks information to the media, Dumbass 20 year old's that want to look cool for his fellow gamers, perform espionage, and leak documents to his buddy's on a discord server.

A lot pundits think the Ukraine offensive has already began.

Ukraine’s Leopard, Challenger Tanks ‘Punctured’ By Rasputista As Kyiv’s Counteroffensive Gets Stuck In The Mud

Are Leopard 2 tanks getting stuck in the mud in Ukraine? | Euronews

https://eurasiantimes.com/ukraines-leopard-challenger-tanks-punctured-by-rasputista-as-kyivs-counteroffensive-gets-stuck-in-the-mud/

Videos posted between April 7 and April 10 on various social media platforms showed Ukrainian armor either trapped in the slushy ground or damaged, or both, in locations allegedly close to Bakhmut and Donbas, where intense combat had been raging for several weeks.

the Ukrainian artillery brigade is barely moving forward, halted not by fierce Russian attacks but rather by a foe that is no less tenacious: the thick mud of central Ukraine, according to a recently published report in The New York Times.

Currently, vehicle movement and artillery fire are frequent along Kyiv’s front lines, and explosions frequently hit important Russian sites in occupied territory.

F-16 Fighters ‘Sitting Ducks’ For Russian Missiles; US Air Force Pilot Says

With Ukraine constantly pushing for F-16 fighter jets, military officials and analysts in the West have expressed their reservations. Besides the apparent fear of escalation with Russia, there is concern that these aircraft might actually become sitting ducks for Russian missiles.

air warfare expert has noted that if Ukraine ever receives F-16 fighters from the US, the aircraft may not be very durable. The F-16 needs specially constructed airbases since it is so delicate, and Russia may be able to locate and attack those locations.

the Russian and Ukrainian air bases and airfields are primarily primitive and unsuitable for the F-16 Fighting Falcon or some other Western fighters.

https://eurasiantimes.com/f-16-fighters-jet-sitting-ducks-for-russian-missiles-us-air-force/

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

8 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

You hate referencing them to what they are?  Nothing is offensive about the term.  Spies can steal and leak documents, the DoD routinely (and hopefully at the direction of the WH meaning it's legal) leaks information to the media, Dumbass 20 year old's that want to look cool for his fellow gamers, perform espionage, and leak documents to his buddy's on a discord server.

“Leak” is unauthorized disclosure in the service of this sociopathic traitor’s support of the Putin agenda.