Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Republicans are compromised.

Not 100%.

But they are rampant with Putin Boot-Lickers. Based on Trump's 20-years boot-licking of Putin in search of some Trump Towers Moscow. Or a white supremacist love of Russia's all-white Christian fascism.

How absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

My hypothesis is that he's working toward his Junior Achiever badge from the INRA. 

As I've said before, for as in the tank as he seems to be for the Russian regime, I hope he's being well compensated for it.... it'd be pitiful otherwise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mtutiger said:

As I've said before, for as in the tank as he seems to be for the Russian regime, I hope he's being well compensated for it.... it'd be pitiful otherwise.

Who’s the high-value target here that would be worth the comp?

9 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Kind of amazing that a town in Ukraine is still named for a pair of historically significant Italian immigrants to the United States after the fall of the Soviet Union

Most interesting tidbit i read about these dudes..

In 2017, as part of an Eagle Scout project, a plaque was placed outside of Norfolk Superior Court commemorating the trial.[227]

I have all sorts of thoughts about Eagle Scout projects having supervised a couple.  Some of them are super easy fig leafs in which the doting helicopter parents do all the work.  Others are hyper ambitious and involve actual struggle (in the Virgina heat!) and represent real program management skills.   A plaque celebrating a couple of left wing anarchists' trial might have had an interesting approval process in normally very square Boy Scout circles.  I get the various historical stances on the correctness of their conviction....but still. 

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

Russia pays well for its propaganda. 

He has been criticized for his views on economics, the origin of COVID-19, his advocacy for the Chinese government, as well as his support for the Russian government's narratives on the Russo-Ukrainian War. Sachs has appeared on Russia state-run channels, including Vladimir Solovyov's evening show.[13][14]

Lets set aside that Jeffrey Sachs is routinely featured on the most virulent show in Russia. 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

Kind of amazing that a town in Ukraine is still named for a pair of historically significant Italian immigrants to the United States after the fall of the Soviet Union

That's a blast from the past. I can remember my immigrant Grandmother using 'Sacco & Vinzetti' to refer to crazy people sort of the way we use 'whackjob' today. 

Edited by gehringer_2

7 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

That's a blast from the past. I can remember my immigrant Grandmother using 'Sacco & Vinzetti' to refer to crazy people sort of the way we use 'whackjob' today. 

She might have been mistaking it for "Alphonse and Gaston"

2 minutes ago, romad1 said:

She might have been mistaking it for "Alphonse and Gaston"

No, I think it had more to do with the conncetion to anarchists.  but curiously enough 'A&G' was a favorite expression of my mother, who was her daughter. :classic_rolleyes:

Edited by gehringer_2