Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

10 hours ago, romad1 said:

Interesting professional take

I dunno.  If Putin doesn't care what happens to them...it could be longer.

The orders to proceed with the invasion have been given. It's starting. We will wake up tomorrow with reports of how far into Ukraine Russian troops and tanks have advanced. (Unless they start with artillery & bombing barrages first, and then troops...).

Markets are going to crash tomorrow...

5 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

The orders to proceed with the invasion have been given. It's starting. We will wake up tomorrow with reports of how far into Ukraine Russian troops and tanks have advanced. (Unless they start with artillery & bombing barrages first, and then troops...).

Markets are going to crash tomorrow...

i heard a report that Russian TV has already shifted from Ukraine human rights abuses to talk about Russia being able to convince the world that they need to deal with Ukraine without a shot fired and mocking western media for saying war was inevitable.   Obviously they control the narrative, so it can change quickly.  That said, I think that's telling.  Rather Putin planned on invading and backed off after seeing surprising support or what, i'm not sure, but hopefully this is a good sign.

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

most of this had to do with Obama and Hillary but might have also had something to do with the people getting campaign contributions in Congress.

Alito said in 2010 that couldn't happen though and he's a good faith jurist doing good faith stuff

10 hours ago, ewsieg said:

i heard a report that Russian TV has already shifted from Ukraine human rights abuses to talk about Russia being able to convince the world that they need to deal with Ukraine without a shot fired and mocking western media for saying war was inevitable.   Obviously they control the narrative, so it can change quickly.  That said, I think that's telling.  Rather Putin planned on invading and backed off after seeing surprising support or what, i'm not sure, but hopefully this is a good sign.

France is attempting some last second negotiating skills and has pulled in Biden and Putin in one last attempt to avoid Putin's invasion and murder campaign but...

Putin is wavering so...

it's up in the air...

until it isn't any more.