Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but while hosting world leaders from Africa, Putin stated Russia and Ukraine entered into an agreement in their talks in Turkey last year, only to have Ukraine eventually ghost them.  

I'm not saying I believe him, but that does match up with reports and the well publicized trip of Boris Johnson going to Ukraine.  At the very least it should be asked, unfortunately the anti-russian propaganda machine is so ingrained here that it won't be asked.   

Just now, ewsieg said:

Obviously take it with a grain of salt, but while hosting world leaders from Africa, Putin stated Russia and Ukraine entered into an agreement in their talks in Turkey last year, only to have Ukraine eventually ghost them.  

I'm not saying I believe him, but that does match up with reports and the well publicized trip of Boris Johnson going to Ukraine.  At the very least it should be asked, unfortunately the anti-russian propaganda machine is so ingrained here that it won't be asked.   

They invaded Ukraine in 2014 and 2022. 

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

They invaded Ukraine in 2014 and 2022. 

Yup, but Ukraine should have every right to enter into a peace deal if they want to.  If (and that's a strong if because like I said, right now we only have Putin saying it) but if this is true, this goes against everything that all you 'Rah Rah, Go Ukraine Go' folks have chanted for the past year.   "Give them everything they want" has been the mantra if I remember correctly. 

13 hours ago, chasfh said:

No bottom lining forthcoming? No sweat, that’s fine.

Not directed at anyone in particular, since I’ve seen this from multiple people on this and the prior board—but any time someone replies to a request for an explanation or clarification of a bold and alarming claim with some variation of “look it up yourself”, I immediately discount that claim, if not outright reject it.

So I posted an neat little video that I am sure you did not watch and try to lead you further with a google search. I am sorry there are no data points and a country currently in a massive war it is hard to say how far these ideas reach. I do know it is not made up or fabricated. I am fearful that at the end of the conflict that these folks with these ideas will try to take advantage of political vaccums during rebuild period to spread their hate. I could hold your hand further down this road but you are always the smartest guy in the room..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Brigade

• Confused 1

Russia believes that the Ukrainian armed forces now intend to cover their failed counter-offensive in the Donbas by using US-supplied Himars multiple launch artillery and UK-supplied Storm Shadow cruise missiles, possibly in the longer range domestic version, to attack the Crimea.

If this happens, says Shoigu, Russia will consider both the United States and Britain to have fully entered the war as co-belligerents. And Russia will immediately respond to any such attack on its territory by destroying “the decision making centers” of the Kiev regime.

https://gilbertdoctorow.com/2023/06/20/end-game-in-the-ukraine-war-approaches-with-lightning-speed/

BlackRock Recruiter Saying They 'Run the World' and War in Ukraine 'Is Good for Business'

a recruiter for investment giant BlackRock who makes a number of eye-opening comments—including that senators can be “bought for $10,000,” and that the Ukraine war is “good for business.”

You own a little bit of everything and that little bit of everything gives you so much on a yearly basis. You can take this big f***ton of money, and then you can start to buy people.

All of these financial institutions, they buy politicians. Let me tell you, it’s not who the president is—it’s who’s controlling the wallet of the president.

The hedge funds, big banks, and BlackRock. These guys run the world.

Ukraine is good for business. You know that, right?

I’ll give you an example. Russia blows up Ukraine’s grain silos. The price of wheat’s gonna go mad up. The Ukrainian economy is tied very largely to the wheat market, [the] global wheat market. Prices of bread, you know, literally everything goes up and down. This is fantastic if you’re trading. Volatility creates opportunity to make a profit.

War is real f***ing good for business.

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/06/21/james-okeefe-captures-blackrock-recruiter-saying-they-run-the-world-and-war-in-ukraine-is-good-for-business-n764692

https://okeefemediagroup.com/breaking-blackrock-recruiter-who-decides-peoples-fate-says-war-is-good-for-business-while-spilling-info-on-asset-giant/

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

15 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So I posted an neat little video that I am sure you did not watch and try to lead you further with a google search. I am sorry there are no data points and a country currently in a massive war it is hard to say how far these ideas reach. I do know it is not made up or fabricated. I am fearful that at the end of the conflict that these folks with these ideas will try to take advantage of political vaccums during rebuild period to spread their hate. I could hold your hand further down this road but you are always the smartest guy in the room..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Brigade

You're the guy who made the claim, so it's not up to any of us to put in the work to prove or disprove it. If you want us to believe your claim, you need to bottom line this for us in a clear and understandable manner, instead of pointing us toward a rabbit hole and saying, "I know it's true, look it up for yourself". If I did the same thing, it would be totally fair for you or anyone else to call me out on it.

Edited by chasfh
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

RSA were trying to negotiate to make it so Putin could travel without being arrested under the ICC indictment for war crimes.  Those stooges were trying to be his fixers.  

Absolutely could be true, in fact if I was wagering money, it would be on your take.  But to sum it up as pure propaganda is not much different than what we see out of pigsmuggler on anything that doesn't fit what he wants to be true.

So y'all are still pretending the offensive is going smoothly?

Ukrainian counteroffensive is "not meeting expectations" in its early stages, Western officials say

The counteroffensive is “not meeting expectations on any front,” one of the officials said.

According to Western assessments, Russian lines of defense have been proving well-fortified, making it difficult for Ukrainian forces to breach them. In addition, Russian forces have had success bogging down Ukrainian armor with missile attacks and mines and have been deploying air power more effectively.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky admitted Wednesday that progress had been “slower than desired.”

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-22-23/index.html

2 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

So y'all are still pretending the offensive is going smoothly?

Ukrainian counteroffensive is "not meeting expectations" in its early stages, Western officials say

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-22-23/index.html

That tells me all members of NATO need to dig deeper and provide more weapons.   

Edited by jz68