Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

lots of stories about what comes next. 

This would concern me if the new guy had an inkling of military sense and had a magic wand to ward off the effects of corruption.  I don't know anything about him yet.   I suppose I will be getting to know him shortly.

Just a reminder that the Edith Piaf song in Inception Non, je ne regrette rien" is the song which translates "No, I regret nothing" which was adopted by the French Airborne as their anthem after they tried to overthrow the French Government. 

Piaf dedicated her recording of the song to the Foreign Legion.[2] At the time of the recording, France was engaged in a military conflict, the Algerian War (1954–1962), and the 1st REP (1st Foreign Parachute Regiment)—which backed the failed 1961 putsch against president Charles de Gaulle and the civilian leadership of Algeria—adopted the song when their resistance was broken. The leadership of the Regiment was arrested and tried but the non-commissioned officers, corporals and Legionnaires were assigned to other Foreign Legion formations. They left the barracks singing the song, which has now become part of the Foreign Legion heritage and is sung when they are on parade.

I always thought that was pretty bad ass.  Still, you can't trust mercs.  We have this problem in the United States now and should do more to manage these bearded jackanaps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, romad1 said:

This totally

I've heard this super basic observation from a lot of pros today, who should think before uttering banalities like this to other pros. 

and Jim Cowan, that was not meant to be a dig at you.  

Ukraine has established a bridgehead on the east bank of the Dnieper River, across from Kherson City. If they can get forces across the river, including equipment and tanks and artillery...

They'll be able to attack the Russians from 2 sides at the gateway into Crimea. 3 if you count their attacks north of Zaporizhzhia. If they break through in-between Melitipol and Mariupol to the Sea of Azov, and can both cut-off the land supply line as well as attack from 3 directions, I predict Russian forces rapidly melting into Crimea and hoping to hold on whilst Ukraine plans how to also take back Crimea... but... first things first:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ukraine-situation-report-breakthrough-across-200315515.html

Despite all the Ukraine cheer leading, they have yet to break through or even reach any major Russian defensive line.

But Zelensky has promised

Ukraine can defeat Russia by end of year

Volodymyr Zelenskiy has said Ukraine can defeat Russia by the end of this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/may/14/ukraine-can-defeat-russia-by-end-of-year-with-western-help-zelenskiy-says

Edited by digitalpigsmuggler

All aboard the gravy train: an independent audit of US funding for Ukraine

US taxpayers may be shocked to learn that as their families grappled with fears of Social Security’s looming insolvency, the Social Security Administration in Washington sent $4.48 billion to the Kiev government in 2022 and 2023 alone. In another example of bizarre spending, USAID paid off $4.5 billion worth of Ukraine’s sovereign debt through payments made to the World Bank — all while Congress went to loggerheads over America’s ballooning national debt. (Western financial interests including BlackRock Inc. are among the largest holders of Ukrainian government bonds.) 

Calculating the total dollar amount that the US has given to Ukraine is incredibly challenging for multitude of reasons: there is a lag in reporting expenditures; covert money given by the CIA (Title 50 Covert Action) won’t be publicly disclosed; and direct military assistance in the form of military equipment is not calculated in the same manner as raw cash.

Beneficiaries of USAID’s Ukraine aid: Polish NATO lobbyists, a private equity firm, rural Kenyans, a TV station in Toronto 

Along with the blowback from their government’s gratuitous sanctions policy against Russia and other official enemies, Americans are feeling the impact of this overseas spending spree at grocery stores, gas stations, and everywhere in between. Meanwhile, rising generations are not only struggling with historic inflation, but concerns that Medicare and Social Security will be insolvent in the near future. 

https://thegrayzone.com/2023/06/27/gravy-train-independent-audit-ukraine/

21 minutes ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

NSFW. This is winning?

How does posting a video of a single engagement say anything about who is winning or losing the war?  I could literally post 500 videos of Russian soldiers being taken out with drone dropped grenades.  Would that prove the opposite of what you're saying?

Besides, shouldn't you be putting all of your efforts into spinning the tape we all heard last night of Trump openly bragging about stealing classified documents and showing them off to people?