Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

12 minutes ago, jz68 said:

How does posting a video of a single engagement say anything about who is winning or losing the war?  I could literally post 500 videos of Russian soldiers being taken out with drone dropped grenades.  Would that prove the opposite of what you're saying?

Besides, shouldn't you be putting all of your efforts into spinning the tape we all heard last night of Trump openly bragging about stealing classified documents and showing them off to people?  

The most important battle is fighting to keep Wagner and its allies within the Kremlin from killing dear leader. 

28 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The most important battle is fighting to keep Wagner and its allies within the Kremlin from killing dear leader. 

The interesting question to me is how the funding worked. Does Prigozhin have any Putin-independent funding sources that would allow him to keep some number of Wagnerites on his payroll? For instance -is he pillaging blood diamonds in Aftrica or some such? That would make for an interesting dynamic. 

I've also read that Prigozhin paid his people a pretty hefty multiple over what Russia pays the regular army - might make Wagnerites reuctant to join MOD forces. 

Also waiting to see it Putin does the Stalinesque thing and just starts throwing any Wagnerites that return home into the Gulag.

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

The interesting question to me is how the funding worked. Does Prigozhin have any Putin-independent funding sources that would allow him to keep some number of Wagnerites on his payroll? For instance -is he pillaging blood diamonds in Aftrica or some such? That would make for an interesting dynamic. 

I've also read that Prigozhin paid his people a pretty hefty multiple over what Russia pays the regular army - might make Wagnerites reuctant to join MOD forces. 

Also waiting to see it Putin does the Stalinesque thing and just starts throwing any Wagnerites that return home into the Gulag.

You've nailed a lot of it.  Wagner troops do not want to subject themselves to the restrictions of MOD.  They are pirates and freebooters who stand to make money off this war stuff when they get back to Africa and Syria. 

Where else can Prigozhin go (other than Belarus, where his life expectancy has to be <1yr) that he would not be in peril of being extradited to face US charges levied a few years ago? I’m guessing not every African nation has extradition treaties with the US?

30 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Where else can Prigozhin go (other than Belarus, where his life expectancy has to be <1yr) that he would not be in peril of being extradited to face US charges levied a few years ago? I’m guessing not every African nation has extradition treaties with the US?

The heel turn to join Ukraine is probably not an option

11 hours ago, smr-nj said:

The mines which Wagner control bring in a massive amount of money. I’d guess a lot of Russian oligarchs finances would take a hit if Wagner disappeared. 

That would be a bad thing for Putin.

21 hours ago, smr-nj said:

I've seen various speculations that Lukashenko may have an idea that he can use Wagner to increase his own military credibility - either as added leverage to keep Putin at a distance or alternately to defend his own regime if Putin's regime does collapse and he find himself facing a revolt at home with a domestic army he can't trust and no Russian support. So there are scenarios one can spin where Lukashenko has an interest in defending Wagner and Prigozhin. But then you have to get to the practicalities of who's going to pay the bill? The Achilles heel for any private Army is need to pay the bills. Can Luka afford Wagner even if he has some idea of how he might use to his advantage?

Pig Virus posting from another disinformation site no one believes

lThe website was created in 2007 as a forum focused around conspiracy content such as UFOs and paranormal phenomena. In 2021, the website announced it would be operating exclusively as a news website. Currently, it presents itself as a news aggregator on its social media platforms and website

Come on Piglet, try hardrr

On 6/27/2023 at 9:32 AM, jz68 said:

How does posting a video of a single engagement say anything about who is winning or losing the war?  I could literally post 500 videos of Russian soldiers being taken out with drone dropped grenades.  Would that prove the opposite of what you're saying?

Besides, shouldn't you be putting all of your efforts into spinning the tape we all heard last night of Trump openly bragging about stealing classified documents and showing them off to people?  

You're barking up the wrong tree. Pigsnuggler is from Special Military Operations. You need to speak to someone in Global Malign Influence Operations.

I read this story on another platform yesterday.  I'm more than a little bit interested in touring Ukraine with the family when the invaders are thrown out.  This will make it more accessible.  Imagine how it will be when they rebuild all the places that were destroyed by Putin?

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

I read this story on another platform yesterday.  I'm more than a little bit interested in touring Ukraine with the family when the invaders are thrown out.  This will make it more accessible.  Imagine how it will be when they rebuild all the places that were destroyed by Putin?

There's going to be major construction projects/ reconstruction in Ukraine for at least the 10-15 years after Russia is kicked out...

1 minute ago, 1984Echoes said:

There's going to be major construction projects/ reconstruction in Ukraine for at least the 10-15 years after Russia is kicked out...

A good place to invest IF they have the ability to keep the corrupt Russian element at bay. 

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

A good place to invest IF they have the ability to keep the corrupt Russian element at bay. 

They're trying...

Ironically, the invasion is making it really easy for Zelensky to make all sorts of moves on eliminating old Soviet-style corruption (currently malign Russian oligarchic ownership of businesses in Ukraine that is now easy to... eliminate).

24 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

They're trying...

Ironically, the invasion is making it really easy for Zelensky to make all sorts of moves on eliminating old Soviet-style corruption (currently malign Russian oligarchic ownership of businesses in Ukraine that is now easy to... eliminate).

I have seen a lot of arrests.  They had a long way to go.  But, they have the right recipe going now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, romad1 said:

welp

Tactically they need the f-16s on line more for the present tense. The long range stuff is great for making Crimea impossible for them to hold but that's more long term. I think the thing that would really turn this conflict most dramatically is a downed Tu-95

9 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Tactically they need the f-16s on line more for the present tense. The long range stuff is great for making Crimea impossible for them to hold but that's more long term. I think the thing that would really turn this conflict most dramatically is a downed Tu-95

Deep battle is critical to winning wars.   Fighting on the front lines only is for barbarians and others of the fighter class.  You need wizards and other spell casters to win. 

(edit: that got to be a riff from my Dungeons and Dragons days)

Edited by romad1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, romad1 said:

I have seen a lot of arrests.  They had a long way to go.  But, they have the right recipe going now. 

They are also doing this under marshal law and there are complaints that it's not just 'Russian elements' but rather some that are simply critical of Zelensky, albeit small complaints.  

Also I wouldn't so quickly assume everything bad and corrupt in that country was due to Russian influence and once they arrest those folks they'll be inundated with a surplus of completely honest brokers looking to lead Ukraine into the promised land.