Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, smr-nj said:

Hmmm.  We have excellent Italian food in northern NJ.  Uncle Vinny asked me to extend an offer he said you wouldn’t refuse.

Eh…. Should’ve known Jersey’d be excluded. 😂

A6A46197-E248-4B4B-AA39-E2DBC8F8C3C9.jpeg

I saw Richard Jenne doing standup once, pretending to announce delegates at a political convention with their state slogans:  From New Jersey, the "What the fuck are you lookin' at" state, ...

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Heartbreaking stuff...

I've heard things that say he's in over his head.  I don't know what else he could have done.  He might have had his people on a war footing earlier but then that would have given Putin his provocation.   He's basically put his country on a cross for the World.  Now the international community will be the Pieta. 

13 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I've heard things that say he's in over his head.  I don't know what else he could have done.  He might have had his people on a war footing earlier but then that would have given Putin his provocation.   He's basically put his country on a cross for the World.  Now the international community will be the Pieta. 

I know his domestic situation isn't great (ie. polls), but I'm not sure a more popular leader would have done much better in this situation.

At the end of the day, this is all controlled by one man and his war of choice. Would another leader have impacted that calculus? I doubt it.

26 minutes ago, romad1 said:

he has some very tough decisions to make if the Russian tanks roll. How many lives is a show of resistance worth if it's going to be futile? OTOH, if they have something clever enough cooked up to bloody Ivan, does he have will to give the order knowing that Putin will surely come after him in person.

To Buddha's point (he may have missed this): The U.S. has already supplied US weaponry to Ukraine. Anti-tank and anti-aircraft missiles. And yes, it came from 3rd parties in Poland, the Baltics, and Romania... but it wasn't hidden. In fact it was broadcast loudly "The US is supplying Ukraine with $200 million in ...". Not exactly under the table.

10 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Good Lord

Full on boot-licking and lying for Putin.

Tucker Carlson is a traitor to Democracy.

Let me rephrase this in 84 LIVES!!! speak:

Tucker Carlson is a Benedict Arnold MF'ing SCUMBAG TRAITOR to Democracy. He can go fuck himself.

Edited by 1984Echoes

PS: The UK is freezing foreign assets of some Russian oligarchs... That's the UK's biggest hammer, because al the Russians put alls their money into UK real estate, laundering, banks, etc...

What the UK should do: Freeze ALL Russian assets of EVERY Duma member (they authorized Putin to invade Ukraine), EVERY Russian oligarch, EVERY Russian mafia member (that they can ascertain, or basically, every asset in valuation higher than what a regular family could afford. Which would pretty much be everything. They can sort it out later.

But if they want to get Russia's attention: that would be it.

This is where being president really sucks. No good options and when your option doesn’t stop it, neither would have the other one by the way, the critics hammer you for not picking that other one  I’m not in favor of troops but I have no problem handing over as much equipment and weapons as possible. 

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

Maybe

If Russia wants to destroy all Ukrainian hopes/ destroy the nation entire...

He'll invade the western areas of Ukraine from Byelorussia. That cuts off their ONLY escape route, and their only resupply route. No guerilla warfare. He will have the entire country encircled and force their capitulation. 

And then begin his campaign of outright murder.

3 hours ago, romad1 said:

if he investigates Biden for Trump this doesn't happen.

• Like 1