Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

He's not getting the Baltic's.  Belarus is trying to court favor by being as much of an ally as possible, but their leaders should be watching their back.  Moldova definitely would be next.  

And while I joked about Obama's dissing of Romney over Russia, Obama obviously was right that China as a major concern.  China and Taiwan are very interested in how this plays out. 

3 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

He's not getting the Baltic's.  Belarus is trying to court favor by being as much of an ally as possible, but their leaders should be watching their back. 

Luka basically owes his power to Putin at this point... he's got little room to maneuver.

Moldova is probably the next on the menu, but if I'm in Poland or Romania or the Baltics, this looks existential to me. It's not abstract as it is for someone living in the USA. 

Edited by mtutiger

5 minutes ago, romad1 said:

First time since 9/11

I don't get the reference.  A friend or ally was not invaded on 9/11.  The historical first would be entering a conflict on behalf of a friend or ally that had been invaded.  If you guys think that congress would approve it, you would know better than I would.

1 minute ago, Jim Cowan said:

I don't get the reference.  A friend or ally was not invaded on 9/11.  The historical first would be entering a conflict on behalf of a friend or ally that had been invaded.  If you guys think that congress would approve it, you would know better than I would.

I think they probably would if it were a NATO country, fwiw.

2 minutes ago, Jim Cowan said:

Sorry we weren't better allies.