Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

French President Emmanuel Macron called Russia’s attack on Ukraine a turning point in the history of Europe and France, warning it will have lasting consequences for the continent’s economy and collective security.

In a national TV address, Mr. Macron said Russia’s actions “will have lasting, profound consequences on our lives. They will have consequences on our continent’s geopolitics, and we will know how to respond to this together.”

Mr. Macron, who holds Europe’s rotating presidency, said sanctions against Russia will be commensurate with the level of Russia’s aggression, targeting Moscow’s economy and energy exports as well as its military.

“To this act of war, we will respond without weakness, with calm, determination and unity,” Mr. Macron said.  🙄

59 minutes ago, Archie said:

The weakness of Biden is responsible for Putin's actions.  This isn't the end either. China will be next to test the US.  Its scary to think we could be looking at a major war and we have a vegetable in the White House.

It’s a bummer they rigged the election against Comrade Trump.   He could’ve joined forces with Putin and Xi to form a modern day Axis of Evil and take over the entire world!   [insert 10 second evil villain laugh].   

1 hour ago, Archie said:

The weakness of Biden is responsible for Putin's actions.  This isn't the end either. China will be next to test the US.  Its scary to think we could be looking at a major war and we have a vegetable in the White House.

Shush, the grownups are talking now.

11 minutes ago, buddha said:

Analysis & prediction on Ukraine from 6 years ago:

“The West is leading Ukraine down the primrose path & the end result is Ukraine is going to get wrecked.”

-John J. Mearsheimer, R. Wendell Harrison Distinguished Service Professor of Political Science at the U.  of Chicago, https://t.co/kPQNH58o7G

the realists had it right six years ago.

• Like 2

I see these tweets and think it's time to go offine for awhile.... I'm sitting here thinking "There won't be baseball this year" and then "Will there be anything this year?"  "Are we trading a covid environment for just another thing that will stop the world in it's tracks?"

If Romney had won in 2012 where would we be today?  

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

so, in a story that will surprise few.  Was walking by cafeteria in US Government facility.  HLN was on not FUX but HLN was doing a feature on Camilla Parker Bowles.  

That tells you all about HLN.  If it can't identify the actual headline news when Russia has launched a war in Europe its garbage. 

To be fair, HLN is more or less a more light-hearted recap of news.  A small portion I caught had Robin Meade interviewing a CNN correspondent from Ukraine.  That is pretty much unheard off on that show.

Just out of curiosity, I switched over to Fox News to see how they were responding.  Not what I expected based on everything I hear about Tucker and some of Trump's garbled hot mess of idiotic speak on this.  Very anti-Russia.  I mean, it is FoxNews though so they did focus on some comments from various UN/Ukraine members that wanted sanctions in place due to the build up of forces alone and questioned if Biden didn't do enough to prevent this.