Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

I was thinking more Russian lives lost in the invasion, although I suppose that could comport with your comment as well.

Yup, that's where I was going with that as well.  I doubt Putin cares how many he loses as long as he wins the war.

45 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Putin may yet manage to rouse Germany from its slumbers.

It's easy for Americans to be distracted by other things, but the world really will never be the same after this war.  Europeans seem to be coming to grips with that as we speak

Edited by mtutiger

I know this seems like a naive statement and we're early on things, but I do kind of wonder whether this misadventure will wake up many of the everyday people around the world who are playing footsies with the concept of far-right-wing autocracy? I would think Putin's move into Ukraine  and the rising death count would turn off many more noncommittal people from that kind of thinking than attract them to it.

Are Tucker, Hannity, et al actually winning any new fans with their pro-invasion cheerleading?

11 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I know this seems like a naive statement and we're early on things, but I do kind of wonder whether this misadventure will wake up many of the everyday people around the world who are playing footsies with the concept of far-right-wing autocracy? I would think Putin's move into Ukraine  and the rising death count would turn off many more noncommittal people from that kind of thinking than attract them to it.

Are Tucker, Hannity, et al actually winning any new fans with their pro-invasion cheerleading?

Tucker is different category from Hannity.   he's clearly in one of the black books in the safe at Trump Tower and Dzerzinsky Square

4 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Here is video of Zelensky saying Kyiv. It's certainly not Kee ev. Either way, this isn't the media gothca moment that JBK wants. 

I was not looking for a "gotcha" moment...I grew up hearing Kee EV and it sounded weird.  I do not give a crap either way on the political spectrum with the war, but if it makes you feel better to project it onto me, go ahead.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

You may be right. He may be crazy. But it just may be a lunatic we're looking for.

No, definitely not a Billy Joel level lunatic.

He's not a Hitler lunatic just yet, obviously; but he's well beyond Billy Joel lunatic and has probably reached at the very least Mussolini lunatic...

44 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Apparently NATO SC will be sending more weapons

Kharkov is the furthest away from Polish/ Romania borders (and closest to Russia's western border) then any other major Ukrainian city. It will be nearly impossible to reinforce them with additional military supplies...