Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

Need more of this

Hunky Russian troops called Andrei, Alexander, Gregory, Michail and a bearded Chechen fighter nicknamed “Black” were among dozens whose profiles popped up.

And they looked certain to get a rocket from Red Army commanders last night after giving away their position and posting pictures of their uniforms in flirty messages.

Dasha Synelnikova’s phone lit up with snaps of dozens of randy Russians when she set her location to Kharkiv on Tinder yesterday.

The soldiers are believed to have come into range after the Russian President’s commanders ordered a huge influx of tanks and troops within striking distance of the city.

Video producer Dasha, 33, told The Sun last night: “I actually live in Kyiv but changed my location settings to Kharkiv after a friend told me there were Russian troops all over Tinder.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4757640/russian-soldiers-tinder-ukraine/

Finally decided to engage Ukrainian neighbors in conversation. Talked to the woman and she speaks very good English. Moved to the US at a very young age. Husband was born and raised in Ukraine and moved to the US about 10 years ago. Most of her family is evacuating to Poland. She has not received confirmation yet they made it to Poland. A few of the men enlisted in the military. I didn't go down that rabbit hole but her tone made it seem like their fates are sealed. I lack social skills and in particular empathy so I didn't press on. 

• Thanks 2

I listened to The Bulwark podcast yesterday and, instinctually, I agreed with Tom Nichols when he said that, while Zelensky had done a good job with the cards he was dealt, it also spoke to his inexperience in government.

His inexperience may be an asset here tho... the politician move may be to flee, but he stays anyway

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Yeah, I think upon reflection.  This was a pretty bad body check by our future ally in the quasi-democracy alliance. 

the Indian armed forces are pretty much in a state of disaster are they not? I wonder if Xi may have sent Modi a message reminding him of his inability to defend his northern borders.

Edited by gehringer_2

5 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the Indian armed forces are pretty much in a state of disaster are they not? I wonder if Xi may have sent Modi a message reminding him of his inability to defend his northern borders.

The value India provides is beyond their armed forces.  They occupy key territory 

Edited by romad1

Ukraine invaded by a mentally ill man:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/russians-now-see-side-putin-190055608.html

Takeaway:

During the pandemic, analysts had noticed a change in Putin — a man who isolated himself in a bubble of social distancing without parallel among Western leaders. In isolation, he appeared to become more aggrieved and more emotional and increasingly spoke about his mission in stark historical terms. His public remarks descended ever deeper into distorted historiography as he spoke of the need to right perceived historical wrongs suffered by Russia over the centuries at the hands of the West.

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Add another war crime to Putin's tab.

They are saboteurs or Special Forces.

Not a war crime. This is what they do.

The other story about soldiers asking for food and dry clothes makes me wonder, is it to desert the Army, or to slip undercover in civilian clothes and continue to cause mayhem?

Methinks we don't know the answer to that just yet...