Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

Is all of the denouncing matter without arms and troops? I mean I can denounce it standing here in my kitchen. What makes theirs more meaningful unless they offer something I can’t. 

Because, specifically that these idiots sold their souls to Russia and they are now in the position of having to support the murderers which if they change now, will be bad for their fundraising from the Kremlin and if they don't will cause them to look like assassins. 

Now, the average neckbeard idiot might not see that.  BUT, it will matter in 2022 and 2024 if the election is about the murderers and their supporters vs. people who have souls. 

Just now, romad1 said:

Because, specifically that these idiots sold their souls to Russia and they are now in the position of having to support the murderers which if they change now, will be bad for their fundraising from the Kremlin and if they don't will cause them to look like assassins. 

Now, the average neckbeard idiot might not see that.  BUT, it will matter in 2022 and 2024 if the election is about the murderers and their supporters vs. people who have souls. 

IOW, it will matter in the suburbs.

Oblong,  I recognize you haven't been paying close attention.

This is the Javelin missile which the US has supplied by the thousand to the Ukrainians.  We have also supplied various anti-aircraft systems, as well as other ammo, food and fuel.  This process is slowed due to the airspace being contested.  Now, most of this gear is coming in over the Polish border.   The UK has supplied their own anti-armor and anti-air systems.  The Germans supplied a ridiculous 5000 helmets which resulted in scorn.  

I would welcome supplying F-35s with PMC pilots.

At some point you have to wonder if the Russian General staff is going to hold all in with Putin. It's one thing to roll into to town and take over the government with almost no shooting as in Checko '68, or even to shoot at Arabs or Chechens, this is asking guys from Ohio to go to war with Missouri when the guys in MO are shooting back.

Edited by gehringer_2

8 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Another war crime to add to the pile

hasn't learned the 1st lesson of urban warfare from Iraq: the more rubble you make, the more difficult it will be to take or hold the ground.

And it would appear that "Russian precision munition" may be even much more of an oxymoron than in the US case.

Edited by gehringer_2

I've read several reports where this invasion is much more difficult than the Russians planned.  What happens if Ukraine holds off the Russians?  Putin will look like a fool so does he escalate and go with bigger weapons with more destruction?  Does he break out the nuclear weapons?  He seems unhinged right now with all his threats so anything is possible. 

I also wonder what the long game is for the NATO and EU leaders.  The Russian aggression, violence and war crimes can't be brushed aside.  How will they deal with Putin when this is over?  We may not be at war right now but this is the most dangerous time this country has seen in my lifetime.  One misstep by Russia or the allied countries and we are in the middle of a nuclear war.

1 hour ago, romad1 said:

There is just enough truth to this to be seductive.

Be careful buying this though

First item of concern is that Putin is loath to meet with anyone who isn't a toe sucker.

Yeah that seems like something we’d fall for back in 2017 from the Eric Garland/Seth types. In May 2017 I thought Trump would be toast by August. 

11 minutes ago, oblong said:

Yeah that seems like something we’d fall for back in 2017 from the Eric Garland/Seth types. In May 2017 I thought Trump would be toast by August. 

well, one thing is for sure, Putin's claim reported by the NYC that things slowed because he 'paused' the Russian advance to explore peace talks is load of nonsense.

43 minutes ago, oblong said:

Gotta take all of this stuff with a grain of salt.... 

Having said that, it's pretty clear that this isn't going as well as the Russians had hoped. Things can obviously change, but morale must be pretty terrible for them at the moment