Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

53 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

And I'm sure he got a lot of pushback from the intelligence services about it, but in the end, the purpose of intelligence is to win, and when you get to a point where secrecy isn't helping you win you have to be able to zoom out and understand the bigger picture.

Edited by gehringer_2

6 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

And I'm sure he got a lot of pushback from the intelligence services about it, but in the end, the purpose of intelligence is to win, and when you get to a point where secrecy isn't helping you win you have to be able to zoom out and understand the bigger picture.

The value of information was never better spent in recent memory. 

14 hours ago, romad1 said:

General on CNN (Hertling?) correctly calling out the unprofessional Russian Army:  logistics, battle drill, training all wanting.

Based on the general tone of reporting, it’s as though the Wicked Witch of the West released the monkeys saying “Fly, my pretties!” and they end up flying splat into the castle wall. 

13 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

I am betting $10 (Canadian) that Putin has less than 30 days left as the boss in Russia.

I think I can raid the couch cushions for the equivalent $3.75 US to take the other side of that. 😁

I do this, of course, because I’m a terrible gambler and I lose practically every bet I make, but this I would be glad to cough up on March 31.

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat Gentleman said:

What are the chances the ruble collapses and Putin has Russia go all in on crypto? Heck, they’d probably like to create their own crypto, make it the official currency, and rig it so they can directly and capriciously control their people’s individual wealth. 

Of course he’s going to have to get out of this quagmire intact, first.

53 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The value of information was never better spent in recent memory. 

To go further, the accuracy of the information was spot on.

I defended our intelligence after Iraq, even as I admitted some major issues.  But overall, that, plus many other things over the years, had soured me a bit.  I was definitely skeptical of not only things you posted, but what I was seeing on much of our MSM related to 'intelligence sources'.  I will say this has restored some faith in our intelligence. 

To the original point, Biden and his administration get props for using that intelligence so well.

Edited by ewsieg
  • Thanks 1

The UN session ongoing right no (looking at BBC) is really interesting.  The Ukrainian ambassador dropped some morally righteous hammers.  

one of 10 sessions like this in the 70 year history of the UN.  

The Russian translator is struggling to keep up with the Russian ambassador. 

19 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The UN session ongoing right no (looking at BBC) is really interesting.  The Ukrainian ambassador dropped some morally righteous hammers.  

one of 10 sessions like this in the 70 year history of the UN.  

The Russian translator is struggling to keep up with the Russian ambassador. 

The Russian ambassador blames the Ukrainians for not welcoming the Russian peacekeepers with open arms.