Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

9 minutes ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

This could be huge 

Putin is too machismo to stop. The world can only wait and hope some mechanism remains inside Moscow capable of upholding KGB tradition and putting a bullet in the back of the neck of an asset that has outlived its usefulness to the Rodina.

Edited by gehringer_2

56 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Putin is too machismo to stop. The world can only wait and hope some mechanism remains inside Moscow capable of upholding KGB tradition and putting a bullet in the back of the neck of an asset that has outlived its usefulness to the Rodina.

How soon can we get this palace coup please?

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

The whole world wasn't condemning OSU's blatant recruiting violations and hand-wave approach to academics. 

The problem will be if the Michigan Football program drags the Baltimore Ravens into the game because of its natural sympathies and that leads to a larger game. 

really hope you're right, those are definitely points that strain my metaphor.

1 hour ago, gehringer_2 said:

why do you think this is all Putin?

25 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I don't want to alarm anyone but

nuclear_map1_4.png.f758355a9849fc23300c73d1b756b17b.png

A little piece of Gen X hysteria from our most paranoid half decade 1980-1984

I remember that half decade very well!

If they're gonna drop a nuke, though, it would be wasted right on downtown Chicago, since half the blast would affect only the lake. Better to drop it a few miles in, where more people out west can be vaporized.

I suggest Humboldt Park. Four miles in from downtown, while only about four miles from the western city border. Complete vaporization coverage

Plus I live only a couple blocks from the park, so I can go immediately and not have to become one of the invading survivors.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

because like all good tyrants, he has neutered all competing centers of power around him.

you dont know that.  and there are other interests within russia who are likely in favor of moving against ukraine before it moved into nato's orbit, dont you think?

this is not a vanity play by one man, its a strategic move by a country that has been moving in this direction for years now.

it may turn out to be a MISTAKE.  one that undermines their previous successes in their goals of dividing the western alliance, but it is a move that has been a long time in the making and is part of a larger plan.

the "putin is just a crazy unhinged dictator" is a lazy narrative, imo.  

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Good news, although, remember also that if true, it backs Putin into a corner even more, which makes him more dangerous to the world as he lashes out for survival.

he wants some things from Russia that he does not have