Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

That means the men and women that most on here despise are our only line of defense. Not saying people are wrong to have those views of them but it’s just ironic to think about.

Most people here despise soldiers? I haven't heard anything along those lines here.

From a pre election 2020 poll in Military Times

But the Military Times Polls, surveying active-duty troops in partnership with the Institute for Veterans and Military Families (IVMF) at Syracuse University, have seen a steady drop in troops’ opinion of the commander in chief since his election four years ago.

In the latest results — based on 1,018 active-duty troops surveyed in late July and early August — nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view. Questions in the poll had a margin of error of up to 2 percent.

Among all survey participants, 42 percent said they “strongly” disapprove of Trump’s time in office.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2020/08/31/as-trumps-popularity-slips-in-latest-military-times-poll-more-troops-say-theyll-vote-for-biden/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

A HUGE percent of Red Hats are X-military. 

I understand that. What I don't remember seeing is anyone here expressing contempt for someone because they are or once were military, irrespective of what color hat they wear.

32 minutes ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

That means the men and women that most on here despise are our only line of defense. Not saying people are wrong to have those views of them but it’s just ironic to think about.

I despise the fact that they support Trump.  I love the fact that they are serving our country.  I think they are being used by Trump and his handlers.    

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Archie said:

Sorry but the truth is there for all to see anytime Joe makes a public appearance.  Denying the truth doesn't make it go away.

What is your diagnosis of Trump who says dumb things on a much more consistent basis than Biden?  

I respect their service to the country but when the current faces of the Republican Party are Trump, Boebert and Greene (along with a few others of their ilk) and the party has offered no constructive policies other than tax cuts for the very rich. I really don't give a damn about their feelings.

Edited by CMRivdogs
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

I despise the fact that they support Trump.  I love the fact that they are serving our country.  I think they are being used by Trump and his handlers.    

If a person is naturally conservative and came to vote for Trump in 2016 because of that, not really knowing much else about the guy outside his TV show, I can understand that. If they observed everything Trump did during his four years and they still vote for him because they really like the cut of his jib, that's something else again.

8 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

That is weird because you would think that a strong respected president would be loved by the military.  

But a lying POS con-artist fascist wannabe who shits all over the Constitution and US Intelligence, allies and the military (look it up Archie Bunker, it's true) is NOT loved by the military?

Hmmm... that seems to make sense to me.

Not certain about anyone else but...

1 hour ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

Loving your country and continuously supporting Donald Trump are conflicting ideals.  

we've known that the convoy was a signifier of inept battle drill and logistics and this guy's thread indicates it also is a signifier of Potemkin village preventative maintenance as well.   The Russian Army that can't rely on any truck tires coming from overseas is fuQQed

34 minutes ago, romad1 said:

we've known that the convoy was a signifier of inept battle drill and logistics and this guy's thread indicates it also is a signifier of Potemkin village preventative maintenance as well.   The Russian Army that can't rely on any truck tires coming from overseas is fuQQed

even mother nature has had enough of Putin. The Russians planned in moving during what is normally the weeks of hardest ground freeze in Ukraine and instead the weather went into the 50's for a couple of weeks.

28 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

even mother nature has had enough of Putin. The Russians planned in moving during what is normally the weeks of hardest ground freeze in Ukraine and instead the weather went into the 50's for a couple of weeks.

I don't want to be too optimistic.  Too many will die.  ("the good seems fucking cheap")  But, plenty of evidence that Russia is going to have trouble over the long haul.

Another thing to be wary of.  Russia has plenty of vectors to bring in sanctions busting resources.  Blocking those will be work for the Free World.

Edited by romad1

20 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I don't want to be too optimistic.  Too many will die.  ("the good seem fucking cheap")  But, plenty of evidence that Russia is going to have trouble over the long haul.

Another thing to be wary of.  Russia has plenty of vectors to bring in sanctions busting resources.  Blocking those will be work for the Free World.

as long a shot as it is, Ukraine's best hope probably is still that something inside Russia changes. That seems impossible, but things like that always do until they happen.